Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exclusions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early exclusions

Hi all - Can you request early exclusions from debts that are still listed on my credit report (that are listed prior to my chapter 13 filing) or is it best to request an early exclusion only when its time for the BK to be removed (post 7 years)?  Thank you for your answers or advice - you guys rock!

Filed date 9/24/05, DC date 9/24/15

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early exclusions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all - Can you request early exclusions from debts that are still listed on my credit report (that are listed prior to my chapter 13 filing) or is it best to request an early exclusion only when its time for the BK to be removed (post 7 years)?  Thank you for your answers or advice - you guys rock!

You can request TU 6 months out and the other 2 at 3 months, there is no reason to wait for the BK to actually drop off. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request TU 6 months out and the other 2 at 3 months, there is no reason to wait for the BK to actually drop off. Good luck Smiley Happy

My plan exactly... TU in October... EX and EQ next Jan...

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to EX on Friday, My last baddy is scheduled to drop in august. The very nice lady said the earliest I could get it off was february. It is a weird baddy (collection for parking tickets on a car that was parked in a garage with no village sticker that I never actually got tickets for) So the DOFD may be funky, but she was very clear that FEB was the first I could get it off. She actually apologized that it was only a week away...so you may want to try EX even a shade earlier. TU deleted today, request also made on friday.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

and I meant filed date 9/24/10; D/C date is 9/24/15Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Gunslinger4u
Valued Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not so for me.  I have a BK that is scheduled to drop 04/15 (next month), and they refused to early exclude it!  The other CRA's (Ex and Eq), arbitarily dropped it almost 3 years ago (at the 7 year mark), without my requesting it.  But TU is standing firm until the 10 year mark, and it wasn't even discharged, as I had it voluntarily dismissed!

I hate Transunion!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.