cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early removal of derogatory accounts included in BK?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Early removal of derogatory accounts included in BK?

I've seen several posts about getting a BK removed a few months before the 10 year point, but is it possible to get derogatory accounts included in BK removed a few months early of the 7 year mark?

According to TU, my derogatory accounts will fall off between April to August this year, depending on the account. I filed BK7 Sept 2010, but saw my attorney in May and he had me wait 90 days to file as I had been using checks from a couple CCs and they could have filed to exclude those from discharge as recent cash advances. But he also told me to stop paying everyone immediately, so there's several late payments I can't wait to get off my CR. I no longer see those lates on my CR, but my FICO & FAKO scores mention the late payments as holding down my score, especially TU. (Those are my only late payments, never been late post discharge)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early removal of derogatory accounts included in BK?

You can always try the early Exclusion with the CRAs on these derogs. TU is known to do it up to 6 mo in advance the other 2 1-3 months out. Its best to get a supervisor on the phone not all the regular phone people know what this is
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.