Established Member
CreditByte

Easiest Unsecured Credit Cards to get after Chapter 7 Bk!

Hi,

I just wanted to share with anyone interested in rebuilding their credit after bankruptcy that there are 2 unsecured credit cards I just got after my Chapter 7 in May 2011 without a problem.

I was offered by email to pre-qualify for an Orchard Bank, I had nothing to lose so I applied and I got a $300 credit line with them unsecured and paid the annual fee of $59.99.

The 2nd email was pre-qualify for a Capital One. I got this one also with a $500 credit limit.

There it is. Im sticking with these two in my journey to rebuild.  I am pretty content. Capital one offered me 0% interest rate for 1 year!!

Here are the links for the pre-qualify if you are interested.

ORCHARD BANK

http://www.landing.orchardbank.com/1/2/media/disclosure?cmd_lpage=&indicator=OB008&media=O2PS043AAA0...

CAPITAL ONE

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/browse-all/popular/?linkid=WWW_1009_CARD_A706E_HOME_H...

P.S. AMEX also offers a pre-qualify but I would recommend not trying to apply for American Express Cards with a BK. They are very very strict!!

"Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (05/17/2011)"
Starting Score: EQ 557, TU 544, EX 562
Current Score: EQ 621, TU 601, EX 599 (06/13/2011)
Goal Score: 700
Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards CC
Orchard Bank credit card (high interest rate) Not using

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}