Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Making Mortgage Pymts after Discharge from Chpt 7 on FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effect of Making Mortgage Pymts after Discharge from Chpt 7 on FICO

We were discharged from Chapter 7 on 12/31/07 - we have since reviewed our credit reports to find that our mortgage is listed negatively even though we have never paid late and have continued to make payments.  We did not reaffirm this debt under advice of our attorney.  According to our mortgage company, unless it's reaffirmed it, will remain on our credit reports as being part of the bankruptcy and any payments we make will not help to increase our credit scores.  Does anyone know if that is correct information? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Effect of Making Mortgage Pymts after Discharge from Chpt 7 on FICO

unfortunately it is reporting correctly.  And I know that is not good news when looking for on time payments to report.  And if you don't pay, you will lose the house but it can never say "foreclosed"  but only IIB.   Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Effect of Making Mortgage Pymts after Discharge from Chpt 7 on FICO

I have the same issue -  My Ch 7 was discharged 4 years ago - My mtg co at the time did not ask for a reaffirmation agreement and everything was Ok - until my loan was sold to another lender - they reported a "  past due amount "  on my credit report even though I have never been late or missed a payment.  They are doing this to pressure me to reopen my bankrupty in order to obtain a reaffirmation aggreement.    4 years with a FIC0 score of around 700 and now my score is less than 600 and I am current on everything and have paid off my car loan.    It is going to cost 650$ to petiition the courts to reopen my court case for the sole purpose of filing this aggreement.    I still cant believe that this can happen.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.