Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dropped BK early

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Equifax dropped BK early

BK to fall off in Aug or Sept  '14 after ten years, recently disouted it with EQ and EX. Just heard from EQ and they removed it. Haven't heard from EX yet

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax dropped BK early

@compassion101 wrote:

BK to fall off in Aug or Sept  '14 after ten years, recently disouted it with EQ and EX. Just heard from EQ and they removed it. Haven't heard from EX yet

what was the basis of your dispute?

Message 2 of 12
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

How did you dispute it with the CRA?

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 3 of 12
compassion101
Established Contributor

I pulled my annual credit reports and disputed the BKs. I checked off the boc that has this item has been dimissed/cancelled, etc.

It I just found out it is now off my experian and transunion also! Interested to see what difference it makes in my scores.

Message 4 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

It might not make a huge difference. I've read multiple reports that have people gaining a minimal amount of points... Due to the fact the BK is 7-10 years old when it falls off and already had a minimal effect on their score.
FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 5 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@compassion101 wrote:

I pulled my annual credit reports and disputed the BKs. I checked off the boc that has this item has been dimissed/cancelled, etc.

It I just found out it is now off my experian and transunion also! Interested to see what difference it makes in my scores.

Grats to the success Smiley Happy

You can look at my siggy for point info TU is only one that has a 9.5 yr old BK reporting the others are clear.

Message 6 of 12
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Guys I am confused 

My BK is due to fall off nov 14 

So just few more months 

Can I actually get it removed now 

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 7 of 12
compassion101
Established Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

Guys I am confused 

My BK is due to fall off nov 14 

So just few more months 

Can I actually get it removed now 

You can try. They removed mine after I disputed it at 9 years and 10 months. I've heard of others who have done this. I had also tried around 8.5 years without success.

Message 8 of 12
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

It has been reported that the CRAs will remove BKs up to six months early. Naturally YMMV but if I were you, I would request that it be removed. The worst they can do is to say no.

I am so jealous of the OP. I can't wait until 2017!!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK dropped early too with an 80+ increase in FICO Score. Every person's CR is different but it sure put a smile on my face Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.