Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute Issues

tag
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Experian Dispute Issues

I'm hoping someone can give advice or their own experiences re: experian disputes.

I founf this site a couple months post discharge (BK 7 discharge 10/8/2013) so I got a late start on cleaning up my CR. I sent disputes to all 3 CRA's on 1/20/14. EQ answered quickly and fixed most issues. TU was slower, but actually fixed everything. I've heard nothing from Experian, and looked at my report again yesterday, and still no action at all from it. I sent the disputes via mail and have reciepts that they were received.

My biggest concern is an open collection that still showed on both my EQ and EX reports. They were for a "student Loan" through Arizona State University (NOT a Federal direct loan, etc.) Post discharge, I talked to ASU,. so I could re-register and they told me the the amount had been discharged. When I disputed with EQ, they changed it to IIB within a week or so.

Can I safely assume that EX will also correct this from open? My EQ and TU scores are in the 630's (myfico). EX is 574 and keeping me from applying for CapOne.

I'm stilol a little unsure, because the CA called me not too long after discharge about the account and I told her that to my knowledge the entire amount had been discharged. She said she doubted it and I told her to call ASU, and never heard anything back (it's been 3 or 4 months now.) I'm afraid to call the CA and possibly open a can of worms.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute Issues

@bunga7 wrote:

Can I safely assume that EX will also correct this from open? My EQ and TU scores are in the 630's (myfico). EX is 574 and keeping me from applying for CapOne.

Easiest answer ever!

No.

Cheers!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.