Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian has two different sets of data for my credit history

tag
tmacar
Contributor

Experian has two different sets of data for my credit history

I filed a Chap. 7 in June 2015.  Experian Credit Tracker,. in the summary, says that 13 late paynents are hurting my score (FICO 8 currently 679).  Going through the actual report, I found 13 accounts, all discharged in bankruptcy (DIB), marked late in payment history for June 2015 (no lates before that).  The problem here is that lates cannot be reported until 30 days late, so June payments could not be repoted late unti July.  And once a bankruptcy is filed, creditors are barred from reporting anything until discharge, at which point they report the account DIB.  It would have been illegal to report any payment status for June 2015.  The payment histories should have stopped with May 2015, and the accounts should be marked closed and DIIB.  Since I filed bankruptcy when there was still no negative information of any kind in 10 + years of creditr history, and there has been no negative information except the bankruptcy since, the ONLY negative I should have is a public record (the bankruptcy).  Instead, i have a public record as well as 13 late payments.  i have no idea how much that is hurting my score, but it IS hurting it.

I tried to file disputes, only to be told that Experian's dispute Department has NO late payments listed; they claim their data shows all the payment histories for those accounts ending with May 2015, as they should.  The disputes people claim that what they have is the "raw data".  They would not initiate any disputes for errrors which they claim do not exist.

Given that my FICO score has changed every time anything pertinent, such as revolving ustilization, has changed at Experian Credit Tracker, I'm pretty certain that what shows there is what is being run through the FICO algorithm to get my score.  Even if that's not the case, and if the "raw data" their disputes people claim to have is what is being used, I've been paying Experian $24.99 a month for inaccurate information, supposedly exactly the same information which is used to compute my score and which is given to creditors..  Either way, Experian is screwing me.

i eventually got to a supervisor, who told me they were "starting a ticket" to find out why two of their deoarrtments had different data.  It is now a month later, I've heard nothing from Experian, and Experian credit Tracker still lists 13 late payments, all for June 2015.

Because I seriously doubt that 13 different creditors would all have decided to violate the law at the same time, I'm certain that the problem is somewhere inside Experian.  Does anyone know what I can do?  Is there an FCRA lawsuit here?  How should I proceed?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.