pdk5319

Experian reporting false Info-TU & EQ info ok

I filed for Ch 13 Oct. 2005 and it was discharged Oct 2010.  It took BK court until Nov 2006 to start payments to Sallie Mae.  All 3 have dropped the public BK from the reports but Experian shows Sallie Mae reporting that I made late payments until Nov 2006 and that the BK was filed at that time also.  Experian & Sallie Mae have been provided with documentation showing the correct filing date-Experian says that they can't do anything about it even though they have the evidence (from the court).  Sallie Mae has repeatedly shown the inaccurate data.  Its been 7 years and 3 months since the BK filing date -it ought to be gone.  What can I do? Get a lawyer?

Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Re: Experian reporting false Info-TU & EQ info ok

File a dispute with the info you provided above to Experian.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
pdk5319

I did that 3 times written-they will not do anything.  The first dispute was sent  in Oct 2012, the last one at the end of Dec..  I called them 3 times as well.  They say they are just showing what Sallie Mae gives them-it doesn't matter that the court had the case and the info is false.  I included the court document to them showing when the case was filed.  The BK court made any and all payments after the case was filed in Oct. 2005.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

I would dispute directly with Sallie Mae. Send them a letter, they have to report correctly. RobertEG knows the applicable law for this, but I don't think that Sallie Mae can report incorrectly just because they are the OC.

pdk5319

As per my original comment on 1/23 I  forwarded all disputed info to Sallie Mae as well.  Please forward any relevant law.  Thanks

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

Have your bankruptcy lawyer send them a letter.  If they are reporting incorrectly, they are in contempt of court.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}