Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting false Info-TU & EQ info ok

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian reporting false Info-TU & EQ info ok

I filed for Ch 13 Oct. 2005 and it was discharged Oct 2010.  It took BK court until Nov 2006 to start payments to Sallie Mae.  All 3 have dropped the public BK from the reports but Experian shows Sallie Mae reporting that I made late payments until Nov 2006 and that the BK was filed at that time also.  Experian & Sallie Mae have been provided with documentation showing the correct filing date-Experian says that they can't do anything about it even though they have the evidence (from the court).  Sallie Mae has repeatedly shown the inaccurate data.  Its been 7 years and 3 months since the BK filing date -it ought to be gone.  What can I do? Get a lawyer?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian reporting false Info-TU & EQ info ok

File a dispute with the info you provided above to Experian.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that 3 times written-they will not do anything.  The first dispute was sent  in Oct 2012, the last one at the end of Dec..  I called them 3 times as well.  They say they are just showing what Sallie Mae gives them-it doesn't matter that the court had the case and the info is false.  I included the court document to them showing when the case was filed.  The BK court made any and all payments after the case was filed in Oct. 2005.

Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I would dispute directly with Sallie Mae. Send them a letter, they have to report correctly. RobertEG knows the applicable law for this, but I don't think that Sallie Mae can report incorrectly just because they are the OC.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per my original comment on 1/23 I  forwarded all disputed info to Sallie Mae as well.  Please forward any relevant law.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Have your bankruptcy lawyer send them a letter.  If they are reporting incorrectly, they are in contempt of court.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.