Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Power

tag
softballgirl29
Valued Member

FICO Score Power

Just wondering how long after discharge I should wait to pull my additional score power report. I received the initial score power report on 8/2012 but I have an additional one and don't want to pull it too soon but I am curious about changes since I have made really good improvements already Smiley Happy Any advice?

BK7 Filed 5/14/12 BK7 Discharged 8/17/12
Latest EQ Fico - 651 Latest TU Fico - 632 Latest EXP FAKO - 651
In my wallet: Cap One CL $250, Cap One Rewards CL $2750, Credit One CL $1350, NFCU CL $14k, HH Gregg CL $1800, Care Credit CL $1000 Express CL $1050, Victoria Secret CL $2450, Kohl's CL $300, Discover IT $1000, Barclay Rewards $2000, Target $2000, TJ Maxx $300, Ashley Furniture $2000 Cap One Auto Loan $25k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO Score Power

@softballgirl29 wrote:

Just wondering how long after discharge I should wait to pull my additional score power report. I received the initial score power report on 8/2012 but I have an additional one and don't want to pull it too soon but I am curious about changes since I have made really good improvements already Smiley Happy Any advice?

please read this thoroughly - I have a feeling it's going to answer many other questions you'll have along the way as well......

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@softballgirl29 wrote:

You mentioned "additional score power report" so I take it you are subscribed to ScoreWatch, right? SW will throw out credit alerts like added accounts, increased balances, stati changes, etc. With each alert SW will automatically provide you with a new EQ FICO score. Unfortunately it won't alert you to dropped accounts or dropped balances. If you get any FICO changes, you'll know what's happening with that. If you are expecting items to drop, then you would need to pull from FICO or another source that offers EQ to see which ones fell off. Depends which changes you are looking for.

Message 3 of 5
shols44
Frequent Contributor

I'd say wait. Pulling another SW just to see account changes is not worth it IMHO. sign up for a reg credit watch product, free trial for that. Maybe EQ advanatage. I'd use your SW pull for preparing to apply for credit rather than to see improvement. 

If you fix the report and go through the motions, the score will come along. My focus has always been fixing the credit report and not the score. Save your pull for something good IMO. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 5
softballgirl29
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for your advice! I was wondering what the difference was between score watch and the extra score power. I am currently signed up with score watch which alerts me when my score changes anyway so I thought maybe the score power did something different. Your explanations have helped greatly. Thanks again!!

BK7 Filed 5/14/12 BK7 Discharged 8/17/12
Latest EQ Fico - 651 Latest TU Fico - 632 Latest EXP FAKO - 651
In my wallet: Cap One CL $250, Cap One Rewards CL $2750, Credit One CL $1350, NFCU CL $14k, HH Gregg CL $1800, Care Credit CL $1000 Express CL $1050, Victoria Secret CL $2450, Kohl's CL $300, Discover IT $1000, Barclay Rewards $2000, Target $2000, TJ Maxx $300, Ashley Furniture $2000 Cap One Auto Loan $25k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.