mamabiscuits

FICO score after bankruptcy removal

[ Edited ]

Has anyone had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy removed from their credit report (after the 10 year wait of course)? If so, how many points did your FICO score increase, if any. I've heard that it could increase anywhere from 50-150 points. Just curious. Thanks.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: FICO score after bankruptcy removal

It's a YMMV-thing. It'll vary from person to person. If that's the last baddie remaining, expect a nice gain. I've even seen triple-digit gains with those who have no other baddies and have a long history.

mamabiscuits

Re: FICO score after bankruptcy removal

Wonderful! Up is better than down. If I gain 50 points that will be just fine (currently at 669). I do have a couple of baddies remaining but they will be removed by 2015. My Chapter 7 will be removed June 2012. Thanks for the response.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}