Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores

tag
LiveLife88
Established Member

FICO scores

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of waiting for my discharge. My 341 hearing was on 2/21 and my discharge should be around 4/23 if everything goes smoothly. However I have been monitoring my credit report through Credit Karma thus far and all of my accounts are now showing closed, included in bankruptcy, and zero balances. I only have 1 collection that remains that I paid off before the bankruptcy. My scores are now showing as 659 Transunion and 650 Equifax. Is this correct and normal when you have a bankruptcy on your report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scores

I'm sure the Veterans will chime in, but credit karma is considered a fako. I would look into myfico to get a more accurate fico scores. I only use credit karma to look at the report and not the scores.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scores

@LiveLife88 wrote:

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of waiting for my discharge. My 341 hearing was on 2/21 and my discharge should be around 4/23 if everything goes smoothly. However I have been monitoring my credit report through Credit Karma thus far and all of my accounts are now showing closed, included in bankruptcy, and zero balances. I only have 1 collection that remains that I paid off before the bankruptcy. My scores are now showing as 659 Transunion and 650 Equifax. Is this correct and normal when you have a bankruptcy on your report?

Hi there!

CK is generally useful in seeing that your accounts, balances and statuses are reporting properly, but the scores it provides can be all over the place. (Mine are well over 700 on it . . I wish!) You'll want to get your true FICO scores here. Most folks recommend the 3B subscription. It's $30/month . . . I come on and off of it usually around the times I'm applying for new credit.

It's sounding like you don't really have much work to do until discharge. I recommend finding the BK to 700 in 24 months thread here (it's never more than a few pages back in the BK forum) and studying it like it's your homework. Then you'll be ready to rebuild once you're discharged.

Welcome and good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.