Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY BACK IN WITH CAPITAL ONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY BACK IN WITH CAPITAL ONE

My BK7 was discharged on September 11, 2015.  Since then I have only been able to obtain store cards and no major credit cards.  Well this past weekend, I was able to lease a new 2016 car and lowered the monthly payment I had on my old car.  Today I applied for a Capital One Quicksilver One and was approved for $3000!!! I am so excited!!!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: FINALLY BACK IN WITH CAPITAL ONE

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! i was discharged august 2015 and  bought a new car in jan (not by choice) monthly payment is high. Capitol one wont let me back in yet Smiley Sad  my scores just dropped by 20 points because i used 55% of my total bal on my credit one credit card i had no idea that i should stay at 30% revolving (what ever that means) this credit thing is sooo confusing.

EQ 613

TU 635

Ex 633

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thks.  Capital One let me back in exactly one year after my charge off date.  Hang in there, you will be just fine.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Awesome!

I was BK less than 3 years ago and Cap One has treated me like a king!

I too started with $3000 Cap One card and grew that into about 7 cards with them, combined and closed and now have two cards that have $50k avail between them.

Stay loyal and smart and they will reward you!

I just got a car loan from them at 2.49% for 72 months !!!

See my signature - less than 3 years!

Hang in there and be really really careful!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never intended to close out my account with CO but as you know they automatically close it when notified about the BK.  I was current with them before and definitely plan on staying current now Smiley Happy.  Congrats on your rebuild!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.