cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Perkins Loan not being reported as IIB in my Ch. 13

tag

Federal Perkins Loan not being reported as IIB in my Ch. 13

Hi, my Federal Perkins loan (loan given by my university) was included in my ch 13 bk and I have been making payments on it since I filed in Sept 2011 (short gap when i changed jobs but steadily making payments for the most part).

But it is still showing up as PAST DUE status on my Equifax report (120 days on a monthly basis for a couple years now). The account is also a couple payments behind due to the job switch when payments were temporarily stopped however I paid my trustee a balloon payment to get back to current. I spoke to a university financial person on the phone this morning and she said she would get her legal team to look at the account to include it in BK but I am doubtful as this is the 2nd time I have made the request.

From what I've gathered on the forums, they are legally required to suspend all lates appearing on my credit report and indicate a 0$ balance on all accounts IIB. Is this correct? And if so, does it apply to Federal Perkins Loans?

Thanks

Ch 13 Filed 9/2011
Current FICO Scores as of 12/30/2016: EQ/EX/TU 670s
Cards: AAdvantage Aviator 3000, DiscoverIT 3000
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.