Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fellow experienced BK7 peeps. "?" On IIB cc

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Fellow experienced BK7 peeps. "?" On IIB cc

Hey there! This is a question to my experienced BK7 peeps out there.  My no asset 7 was discharged 08/19/2013, so a little over a year ago. Anyway... My question is about one of my cc that was IIB... I want it back, lol. It's my Nordstroms card, and I found out in June that I'm blacklisted. They were IIB for $505. Anyway, I think I have a good chance of getting back In with them if I pay off the amount that was IIB. Was thinking of sending a letter back to the president,( I got one from him telling me I was pretty much blacklisted due to the account IIB), offering to pay it in return to reopen my account, and send of course a lovely note explaining the bk. 

Since mine was a bk7 no assets I'm not liable for anything prior to filing, whether listed in the bk or not. Can I offer do to this?? Keep in mind, I'm already 1 yr POST discharge. I know that you can't pay the creditors before filing and pick and choose, but this is after the fact now. I'd like it back because it one of my older accounts and they will backdate on the credit reports even with a new acct number, and that's a good thing. Thoughts???

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Fellow experienced BK7 peeps. "?" On IIB cc

You can certainly try - though they may not. American Express offers the OASIS program to do exactly what you want - pay the discharged amount to re-open your account so it is not unheard of.

How did you find out you were blacklisted? Why do you want this card back so bad?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I had heard that if you're BL like with Amex, they won't HP you, you just get a letter stating due to bad relationship account etc..., and Nordstoms does the same thing. So I have it a whirl in June at the store, sure enough the printer immediately spit out a number for me to call, and a few days later I received the "letter" from the president, stating that their records indicate an account was found that was IIB, and telnet would not extend credit to me for that reason.

But.... They are good on recons, and offering to pay the acct to zero, with a letter of explanation might get me in way sooner. That back date, and its one of my oldest cards 2004, which would help with my current rebuild and aaoa
Message 3 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

There is nothing that says you can't offer a payment to a creditor that was IIBK, just that they can't ask you for a payment. Good luck and hopefully it goes the way you are expecting.. Not sure if they would even open the same TL, probably issue you a new account number resulting in a new TL. I guess it's up to you if it worth obtaining a TL from Nordstroms Smiley Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I had heard that if you're BL like with Amex, they won't HP you, you just get a letter stating due to bad relationship account etc..., and Nordstoms does the same thing. So I have it a whirl in June at the store, sure enough the printer immediately spit out a number for me to call, and a few days later I received the "letter" from the president, stating that their records indicate an account was found that was IIB, and telnet would not extend credit to me for that reason.

But.... They are good on recons, and offering to pay the acct to zero, with a letter of explanation might get me in way sooner. That back date, and its one of my oldest cards 2004, which would help with my current rebuild and aaoa

No, that account was discharged in BK, they can't reopen it. If you paid them, back and got back in their good graces the new account would be listed with a post BK open date just like all your other accounts.

I think you're being sentimental, loinging for the good old days pre-BK. BK offers a fresh start, use a fresh start - use one of your reward Visa/MC cards at the store and get cash back. But, to each their own. :Smiley Wink:

Message 5 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Daveinaz.... Actually yes I am dreaming about the good ole days.... But, one thing about Nordstroms, is that they WILL change the open date on the credit reports. They are like Amex in that sense. Yes, it would be a new tradeline, but the open date would show 2004, Its been confirmed numerous times that will allow back dating.
Message 6 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Daveinaz.... Actually yes I am dreaming about the good ole days.... But, one thing about Nordstroms, is that they WILL change the open date on the credit reports. They are like Amex in that sense. Yes, it would be a new tradeline, but the open date would show 2004, Its been confirmed numerous times that will allow back dating.

I don't see how they can, but you seem to be more informed about Nordstroms than I. I went to their site to see who provides their card and they seem to be one of the rare store cards provided by their own banking subsidiary.

And I have to admit w/Nordstroms I was thinking of the not so good old days - my ex-wife loved that store and used to rack up horrendous bills there. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I did not know this, sorry! Well, whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out in your favor! Crazy you are already a year post d/c!!!! I feel like last month I was talking to you about NFCU and how amazing they are Smiley Very Happy  Congrats on your hard work and keep it up!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 12
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Amex is one of the few that will back date your card product from the original date of the first account opening.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone...
Scupra... I know!!!! I'm so relieved to get that 1st yr post d/c under my belt!! We both have done well with rebuilding. If I hadn't gone crazy awhile back and all my inquires, (25 alone from just navy!!!, lmao) my EQ score would be way higher. Anyway... I really love Nordstroms and I'm just trying to decide if it worth it or not to try and recon and pay old debt. If I don't I wonder how long they keep me blacklisted in their system??? I'm still trying to decide what to do
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.