Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed BK on Taxes

tag
flivai
Established Member

Filed BK on Taxes

So I filed BK Ch 7 on April 23, 2013. I included my taxes from 2009. I filed on Feb 27, 2011. When I did my taxes this year they were intercepted. My concern is that I thought as long as my BK was filed after the 3 years from the due date to file and filed at least 2 years prior to the due date that it is discharged through the BK. Are they able to intercept my return since I followed these rules? Let me know. Thanks.

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

Re: Filed BK on Taxes

I included my 2009 taxes on my BK as well and this years refund was not intercepted. Was the IRS listed in your matrix?

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
flivai
Established Member

Yes. It was included in the matrix. I didn't realize it was going to get taken but they did it and I'm not sure if it's right. Anybody else have any suggestions on how I can appeal this

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@flivai wrote:

Yes. It was included in the matrix. I didn't realize it was going to get taken but they did it and I'm not sure if it's right. Anybody else have any suggestions on how I can appeal this

If you had a BK lawyer contact s/he.. If did in pro per make appointment with the BK trustee. BK trustees dont like violations of the auto stay discharge even if its the IRS..

Message 4 of 6
flivai
Established Member

I filed pro per. So can I still contact the trustee if I filed and already received my discharge in July 2013
Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 5 of 6
ficogirl1

You should also confirm why your refund was intercepted.  Did you owe back taxes for other tax years?

Starting Score: TU727 EQ743
Current Score: TU771 EQ781
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.