cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed Tuesday and Lost my CC Access already!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed Tuesday and Lost my CC Access already!

So...I was filed on Tuesday and today I go to log in my Capital One and Walmart, which both of those I chose not to include in the bankruptcy, and access was gone. My lawyer told me I could get both of those due to a zero balance, but when I went to log in my Cap1, it was gone! I checked Wal-Mart next and that gave me a message of this account is not eligible for online access. I kind of feel sad, because I really wanted to keep them and not burn them in the process.

Has any before been allowed to get them back after this was over?  

My Navient also gave me the Banktruptcy notice when I logged in next. I didn't know it worked that fast. But some of my other credit cards are still showing I have access, so maybe its just them two. 

4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Filed Tuesday and Lost my CC Access already!

I reaffrimed my truck with Cap1. Once filed and till 60 days after DC. They closed the online account. Had to call to make payments. Make sure your not on paperless now so you wont be late with payments.

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

So...I was filed on Tuesday and today I go to log in my Capital One and Walmart, which both of those I chose not to include in the bankruptcy, and access was gone. My lawyer told me I could get both of those due to a zero balance, but when I went to log in my Cap1, it was gone! I checked Wal-Mart next and that gave me a message of this account is not eligible for online access. I kind of feel sad, because I really wanted to keep them and not burn them in the process.

Has any before been allowed to get them back after this was over?  

My Navient also gave me the Banktruptcy notice when I logged in next. I didn't know it worked that fast. But some of my other credit cards are still showing I have access, so maybe its just them two. 

You can not pick and choose which debts are included in a Ch 7 and which are not.  All debts (and assets) have to be listed in the Bk.  I believe your attorney may have been referencing that you could pay those accounts to zero before your file Bk.  There are restrictions on how much you can pay down immediately before filing. See this link: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/pre-bankruptcy-payments-creditors-can-the-trustee-get-the-money-back.html

Your attorney is the best person to ask about this conversation you had about these two accounts. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I listed every credit card I had, and he stated that, only debt will get wiped out and anything with a zero balance will not. But I am going to follow up tomorrow with him. I just wanted to see if anyone else had that happen. Do you know how long it takes to get approved for them again? I had excellent payment history with them. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an unusual Ch 7 (discharged 30 days ago) where I had no personal credit card debt (just biz debt on ex's company where I was a co-guarantor).  My credit cards (all 0 balance with perfect 20 year payment history) closed within 48 hours of filing.  Two were with Cap 1 and the day after my case closed, I applied and got approved for a Cap 1 card.

I also have a Navient loan, and you will see the bankruptcy notice until your case closes and they process that information.  It took them 10 days after my case closed before they removed the bankruptcy status.  Keep an eye on it - and still make payments during the bankruptcy (otherwise accrued interest will be bad)  but know that they will not report to the credit bureaus until the end of the month following when they remove the bankruptcy status.  I also had my loan show as closed and $0 when it is not, and MyFico thinks I am 90+ days late when I am not. Very frustrating, but waiting for it to correct when Navient reports, today hopefully.  Just keep an eye on your Navient loan.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.