Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed for BK July 2001

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed for BK July 2001

I have a question regarding BK which was filed in 07-01. I know after 10 years this falls off your credit report, but will it fall off in January 2011, or does it stay until July 2011? Also, will this help my score at all? I have been told different answers that question.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Filed for BK July 2001

July

depending how much you have re-established yourself, it could actually hurt you... but if you started fixing your credit from day 1 after BK, you should have long enough established accounts that when you are re-bucketed on your credit report, you should be okay. My ch 7 comes off next year also, but I also filed a ch 13 in 07, so I will have that for a while longer

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question regarding BK which was filed in 07-01. I know after 10 years this falls off your credit report, but will it fall off in January 2011, or does it stay until July 2011? Also, will this help my score at all? I have been told different answers that question.

Thanks!

The filing date is the determining factor so you are looking at 7/2011.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the responses. I actually started re-buidling immediately after. I had bought a house in 04 and sold it in 2008, had (and still have) credit cards, as well as personal lines of credit. My score right now is at 665, but I am wanting it to get as high as possible, naturally. I am just wondering when the BK falls off, if it may help out.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There might even be a few things you can do to up your score while you're waiting for that bk to age off.

You know, the usual.  Overall utility less than 9%, only one card reporting a balance and that below 9% as well, at least one bank/national cc.

I think you can currently be in the bottom half of the 700's without too much trouble.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.