happyc01

Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

So I bit the bullet and filed chapter 7 Aug 8 2012...   I had my meeting of the creditors Sept 12th... I am so excited because I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I applied for Captial One Platinum and was approved for $300.

I applied for credit one and was declined. Dont want to keep applying. Im giving back the car after the discharge is sent. Gonna go to auction and buy a car. Would like to have 2 credit cards but what would you guys advise.

Looking forward to the advise:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
4us-

Re: Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

Congrats on the Cap1 card!  I'm afraid to apply to them, I included them in my bk.  Most of the advice I have seen on here is to join a credit union and to get a secured CC.  Good luck on your journey!!

BK Filed 7/1/12 --- EX: 494 EQ: 505 TU: 505
10/12 EX: 599 EQ: 599 TU: 599

BK Discharge 10/23/12
Cap1 $3000 (AU) / NFCU Visa $500

GOAL #1: 660
Established Contributor
aussiesareforever

Re: Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

happyc01 wrote:

So I bit the bullet and filed chapter 7 Aug 8 2012...   I had my meeting of the creditors Sept 12th... I am so excited because I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I applied for Captial One Platinum and was approved for $300.

I applied for credit one and was declined. Dont want to keep applying. Im giving back the car after the discharge is sent. Gonna go to auction and buy a car. Would like to have 2 credit cards but what would you guys advise.

Looking forward to the advise:smileyhappy:

I had only one credit card for almost three years post bk. It was also a capital one. It worked fine for me and I was able to get other cards fairly easily after that point. At the bare minimum, I recommend using your capital one for at least six months, building some history and applying for another card. Your local credit union is almost always a great place to look.

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($6400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)

FICO Scores: TU 735 EQ 709 EX 740 (Feb 2013, all pulled by lender)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+