Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

So I bit the bullet and filed chapter 7 Aug 8 2012...   I had my meeting of the creditors Sept 12th... I am so excited because I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I applied for Captial One Platinum and was approved for $300.

I applied for credit one and was declined. Dont want to keep applying. Im giving back the car after the discharge is sent. Gonna go to auction and buy a car. Would like to have 2 credit cards but what would you guys advise.

Looking forward to the adviseSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

Congrats on the Cap1 card!  I'm afraid to apply to them, I included them in my bk.  Most of the advice I have seen on here is to join a credit union and to get a secured CC.  Good luck on your journey!!

Message 2 of 3
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: Filed for Chpt 7 awaiting discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

So I bit the bullet and filed chapter 7 Aug 8 2012...   I had my meeting of the creditors Sept 12th... I am so excited because I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I applied for Captial One Platinum and was approved for $300.

I applied for credit one and was declined. Dont want to keep applying. Im giving back the car after the discharge is sent. Gonna go to auction and buy a car. Would like to have 2 credit cards but what would you guys advise.

Looking forward to the adviseSmiley Happy

I had only one credit card for almost three years post bk. It was also a capital one. It worked fine for me and I was able to get other cards fairly easily after that point. At the bare minimum, I recommend using your capital one for at least six months, building some history and applying for another card. Your local credit union is almost always a great place to look.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.