cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FiledCH. 7 today and nervous but relived!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FiledCH. 7 today and nervous but relived!

Finally filed today, after 6 months of thinking and thinking it was time. Last week I had the moeny to file called my lawyer and went in payed gave my paperwork and today I went back to review and filed. My 341 meet is on May 2nd. I am so nervous, but I am 26 $200k in credit card debt there was no way out .No assests just $3000 in jewlery and my car that I am paying and in good standing. I am very nervous about the meeting for some reason. Looking forward to the road to rebuilding my credit in the next few months.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: FiledCH. 7 today and nervous but relived!

We are in the same boat...Hopefully we both have success stories going forward I also am 26 ... with  50K in credit card debt....Now i await my 341 which is set for 4/27 .....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have taken the first step and you made the decision that was right for you.  I can tell you when I filed end of last year I was literally nervous non stop all the way up to and thru the meeting.  In the end it was worry for nothing, but still it is a big step into something that is a somewhat unknown for most so it had my nerves going crazy for over a month!  Keep your chin up and the meeting will be here before you know!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is the meeting? My lawyer had a few questions regarding my bank account since I have been unemployed for 6 months my parents have been helping me financially by wiring cash every month. I explained that o my lawyr and she got it but I am a wreck about my meeting.

Message 4 of 9
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't worry about the meeting.  They basically ask if you've ever filed BK before, ask if everything is accurate and you leave.  I was literally in there for less than 2 minutes.  Your lawyer should prep you and tell you what to expect/what they are likely to ask.

If you don't have any assets then they have nothing to go after so there really isn't reason to worry.  Instead I would spend time reading here and learning as much as possible.  Lot's of smart, helpful people here who are happy to share their knowledge/experiences to help you out.  Make a plan for your rebuild and how you plan to get back on your feet and prevent yourself from getting into debt again.  just my .02

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! My lawyer saud my discharge will be probabley be sometime in july so I am excited to look over my credit score and start rebuilding from there.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You actually already took the most nerve wrecking step. Good luck throughout the process and with your rebuild!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It gets better from here.  I think everyone who files seems to go through the same emotional stages.  The 341 meeting isn't much to worry about.  It is very straightforward.  It will be over with before you know it. I was the first person called up during my 341 meeting so I was a little unnerved about that but it went by very quickly.

Message 8 of 9
JaseT
Established Contributor

I was nervous at my 341 but luckily there were about 4 cases before me so I got to sit there and see how it all worked and what questions the trustee was going to ask. In retrospect, filling out the paperwork to file was MUCH more of a pain than the 341 was!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.