cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Monday for chp 7... So nervous.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filing Monday for chp 7... So nervous.

I may springs for a little more...depends on how much I can save.

Just playing out in my head if my filing is official on the 7th. 341 meeting on the 7th of December. I would hope I get my discharge around Febuary at least that's what I'm hoping. With the Holidays It maybe March.

Really the ony thing I feel guilty about right now heavy still is driving my truck without paying...but no sense in it paying when it would just be wasted money and I need to save for myself.

Message 11 of 16
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Assuming no creditor objections, you will be eligible for discharege 60 days later - so in February.

Now, keep in mind the eligibility date and the actual discharge date will vary based on your local BK district workload and policies (my district only processed them once a month).

I would suggest getting a PACER account (google it to learn how to use it) to track status of case. It is free up to $15.00 per quarter (you pay $0.10/per page searched/viewed). I had it for mine and never paid a dime towards it.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Def gonna get a PACER account.

I am having worries about having creditors make problems. My lawyer argument is that I am slap broke...Literally after I pay the rest of lawyer fee I will have 500 bucks to my name. .

I have found some horror stories online but it seems like the ones I was concerned about which is getting my chapter 7 denied is pretty much non existant now. Seems like that is non existance. I don't own anything of real value, I'm broke and I'm in over nearly 50k of debt than I make a year...and that's not a house.

None of my close friends or family really know about my decision yet...then again they have no idea my finacial situation.

Message 13 of 16
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If you make sure there is at least 90 days from the last time you used any credit activity (credit cards, etc) and filing - the creditors will be less likely to object, as the burden of proof is now on them to prove that you committed fraud.

I had to wait 90 days because I used my AmEx cards religiously for everything (groceries, gas, meds, bills) and didn't want them to think it was intentional. Our attorney was concerned with AmEx showing up at my 341 hearing, but they never did.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used two cards but to buy food and pay bills

Most of my debt is secured.

Message 15 of 16
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Archaic, it will get better. Much better.  I am post disch BK7 in July.  I am doing far better than I could have imagined with the help and guidance from the good people on this forum. My scores are up, I have CC and Installment loans, a new car loan and Im on my way to 700. All of this 3 months after disch.   Stick to the forum and seek answers to your questions on here. As time goes by and you gain experience, share yours with others in your situation. You will be amazed at what you learn and realize that there is life after BK. Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.