Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Set May 8th - Need Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filing Set May 8th - Need Help

I've been lurking on these forums for the last two weeks and have taken in a lot of useful information. I'm nervous about taking the plunge in two weeks but I know it would be best for my situation.

I read the post - from BK to 700/24 months and I think it has really useful information but I'll be burning a lot of creditors listed in the plan. Can someone please help me come up with a plan to rebuild since I'm burning a lot of creditors that are BK friendly? I know that I won't discharge until sometime in Aug or Sep but I would like to have a solid plan of action in place soon.

Who I'm Burning:

Credit One
Capital One
Walmart
Citi
Old Navy

I've been with Navy Fed for 16 years but I haven't used them because I don't have online access due to a credit card being charged off back in '07.

I've also been with Penfed since '08 but I haven't used them much because even after having two secured loans with them in '10, they wouldn't approve me for a cc.

I would like a plan of action in place so that I am able to rebuild right after my DC.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Re: Filing Set May 8th - Need Help

I've heard Capital One will let you back in. How much are you burning them for? I've read that YMMV when it comes to timeframes.

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was for $1000
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I filed May 17th and had my 341 meeting on June 20th. It wasn't at all what I expected. I was literally in and out within a matter of minutes. My creditors have until Aug 21st to respond but my attorney said it's highly unlikely that they will.

I reread my initial post and realized that there were other creditors that I'm burning and didn't list which includes:

Target
Express
NY & Co.
First Premier

In addition to that, there were medical bills, a recent vehicle repossession, and a few judgments on my credit report.

I've learned so much on this forum that I never knew relating to credit which has been an invaluable source for me to continue moving forward. Reading about so many of your rebuilds after bankruptcy has given me so much hope for my future in financial stability.

Thanks again to you all for your wealth of knowledge and your trusted insight.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.