cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing again at my 8 year mark; unfortunately! Please, any advice?!

tag
dlynk196
Valued Member

Filing again at my 8 year mark; unfortunately! Please, any advice?!

Hi - For many reasons my wife and I have to file chapter 7 at our 8 year mark in April - I know our first will fall off at the 10 year mark in 2019, but I am looking for anyone to please provide any insight or input if you too had to file at the 8 year mark??

How long to rebuild again? Ever get another card? All those things..

Please, any information will be so helpful as we are fearful we will never be able to move again!

Thanks so much

-D

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filing again at my 8 year mark; unfortunately! Please, any advice?!

@dlynk196 wrote:

Hi - For many reasons my wife and I have to file chapter 7 at our 8 year mark in April - I know our first will fall off at the 10 year mark in 2019, but I am looking for anyone to please provide any insight or input if you too had to file at the 8 year mark??

How long to rebuild again? Ever get another card? All those things..

Please, any information will be so helpful as we are fearful we will never be able to move again!

Thanks so much

-D

Last April you started a thread similar to this one. In that thread you said you were filing for your second time in May. What happened?

Message 2 of 3
dlynk196
Valued Member

Re: Filing again at my 8 year mark; unfortunately! Please, any advice?!

Thanks for your response - Yes; I did start a thread last year and noted that we will need to file in April/May of 2017, as that is when our 8 year mark hits. I was worried in that thread about getting sued before we were able to file. We have been lucky so far and are meeting with the attorney next week, and filing in April. I'll be honest; after our first bankruptcy It became so addicting trying to rebuild and gain credit again. We followed all the great advice here and it worked. We rebuilt and were able to purchase a home. My wife lost her job and became pregnanet at the same time. We just couldnt juggle any longer, and we are at this point now.

I was looking for anyone who has had to file twice at the 8 year mark and their experiance. Were you ever able to get credit again? How long after? wetc.

Please, any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.