Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing chapter 7, listing of creditors with address questions

tag
deaddog1
New Visitor

Filing chapter 7, listing of creditors with address questions

Hello to all. Conducting research on filing chapter 7 and found this site. It looks like a great place to start and hopefully finish. My question is about the listing of creditor names and their address. I had an HSBC/BestBuy credit card that was closed by HSBC on 5/10/10 and closed by Capital One/Best Buy on March 2011. I understand that Capital One has sold their Best Buy credit card holdings to Citigroup. On the forms do I list HSBC with the billing address on the Best Buy statement or do I list Citigroup with their Corp.. Headquarters in NY. Also I am about to be sued by a firm that represent FIA Card Services, N.A. Not sure if they are a collection agency or law firm. Do I list a collection agency and their address as the creditor if an account has been charged off by the OC. Funny think about my free annual credit reports. On all three, FIA Card Services is not listed. I had six outstanding/defaulted credit cards that have been closed or charged off. Lost everything when the building bubble burst. Not sure if I even need to file for chapter 7. I have zero assists and my only income is social security. Thanks to all, and have a Great Day!! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Filing chapter 7, listing of creditors with address questions

I had them in my petition. You use the address in your most recent statement from them. Which will be Citigroup.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

No harm in listing both. Usually you'd start with those listed on your credit reports and public records [eg:liens].

Message 3 of 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

FIA is a Bank of America collection subsidiary. You would need the help if an attorney to ensure proper recording and discharge.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 9
deaddog1
New Visitor

Thanks for reply. No statments from Citi. Citi is not listed in credit reports. HSBC  closed account when sold to Capital One and then Capital One did the same when sold to Citi. Never got statments from Capital One.

Message 5 of 9
deaddog1
New Visitor

I see where FIA and Bank of America have same account number. Didn't notice. Was thinking when did I open this account (FIA) thanks for clearing that up.

Message 6 of 9
tayra03

www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0117-time-barred-debts

Some states have 7 year or less of  statute of limitations. If you have proof that bestbuy CC HSBC was closed on 5/10/10. If your state follow 7 year then the credit burea has to delete on 2017. I would wait to file until u have all the fact. 

Starting FICO Score 2010: >> 629
Current >>>> 12-22-2014 - (700 Experian) - (713 Equifax) - ( 699Transunion) -
Goal FICO Score: 770+ For all 3

Starting Score: 629
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 780
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

List everyone. I had a BoA debt that had been serviced by three different collection agencies. My attorney listed BoA as the creditor in the schedules, but listed BoA and all three collection agencies in the mailing matrix. There's simply no harm in listing every possible creditor. He even listed people who may not be creditors. I had a notation in my file that we owed money to a medical provider. But I had absolutely no mail from them in the past six months. He figured it was no harm to list them any way. Maybe we already paid the debt. Maybe we never had the debt. But there's no harm in listing them. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

List everyone. I had a BoA debt that had been serviced by three different collection agencies. My attorney listed BoA as the creditor in the schedules, but listed BoA and all three collection agencies in the mailing matrix. There's simply no harm in listing every possible creditor. He even listed people who may not be creditors. I had a notation in my file that we owed money to a medical provider. But I had absolutely no mail from them in the past six months. He figured it was no harm to list them any way. Maybe we already paid the debt. Maybe we never had the debt. But there's no harm in listing them. 

This is what my attorney told me. List them all.  I had a lot of medical bills and my attorney included the hospital and all the collection agencies associated with those bills.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.