Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing for Ch7 soon

tag
Tora

Filing for Ch7 soon

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a while now and just decided to post.  Like many I was struggling this year and have come to the realization that Ch 7 is the most appropriate option for me.  I've received counsel from an attorney and have an appointment soon to file.  Overall, I feel like quite the loser for getting into this situation.  I mean, I always thought this was something that could happen to someone else, and now here I am about to file for Ch 7. 

I'm assuming this feeling will pass.  For those on here that have filed before, how long did it take before you felt better about making the decision to file?

I guess this is just another challenge in life, and just another step on the journey.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Filing for Ch7 soon

@Tora wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a while now and just decided to post.  Like many I was struggling this year and have come to the realization that Ch 7 is the most appropriate option for me.  I've received counsel from an attorney and have an appointment soon to file.  Overall, I feel like quite the loser for getting into this situation.  I mean, I always thought this was something that could happen to someone else, and now here I am about to file for Ch 7. 

I'm assuming this feeling will pass.  For those on here that have filed before, how long did it take before you felt better about making the decision to file?

I guess this is just another challenge in life, and just another step on the journey.

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I can only speak for myself and say that no one here will judge you as to why you feel this is the best decision to make at this time. Only you have all the facts.

I have said several times here that I am neither proud nor ashamed of my BK. It is a small part of my life and one that I don't dwell on but neither do I avoid the subject. My only real counsel is that you remind yourself each and every day what brought you to this point and be detemined to never make the same mistakes again. If you do that you'll be able to recover from this and be stronger than before.

The BK laws have changed a lot since I filed and so I am reluctant to give advice about specifics of BK and will let others do that.  If you stick around here you'll receive lots of great advice, suggestions, and encouragement. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you feel you need answered.

Just remember that you can rebuild your credit life after BK.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
Tora

Thanks marinevietvet!

I think this forum will help me as I go through the process.  Thanks for your reply.  I'm looking forward to getting involved in the forums!

S/F

-Tora

Message 3 of 4
scrubs
Regular Contributor

i file bk about 20 months ago. i remember a big weight was lifted and i was happy. within the 20 months post bk i did change my habits like pay everything that i owned post bk like back child support and fed taxes at the end of 2011 i will be debt free. dont applied for too much credit and never be late on any  or miss any payments., and become educated about credit and money live within your means and save money.

at the time that i file april 2009 my credit score was ex 502 eq 514 and tu 499. spend three months cleaning up my cr and reading books about credit after my bk was discharged on july 2009 applied and got my first cc orchard for 500 dollars then three months later cap one for 300 dollars. jan 2010 hooters mc for 300 dollars. then that was it until barclay pre approved me for 1600 dollars that was feb 2010 got into navy credit union in dec 2010 got a visa card for 8500 dollars. closed my hooters mc and on march 2011 will close my orchard mc . as of dec 2010 my fico scores is ex 699 (psecu) eq 702 and tu 695. total credit card debt is less then 1%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.