Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Discharged Chap 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Discharged Chap 13

Finally Discharged after 4-1/2 years. Kinda nice having a full paycheck again, was like getting a $5/ hour raise this week. Now to get to rebuilding and having all this other drop off. I have had 2 foreclosure, one was our personal home when things got rough in '09 and the other was a rental that we got in a bad deal with one of the "We buy Ugly home" places. We had good tenants buy they were suppose to buy the house and didnt have the credit to ever do so so we continued to rent to them, but let the house go when we filed. Was the only way to get out of it. Had got 4 (FOUR) tax liens from a business we co-owned. Didnt know about them until the 3rd one, 4th one shut us down. We sold the business & the new owner paid them off as part of the deal but the damage was done. Part of the reason I didnt care about filing for BK. Credit was shot at that point. Now I just got some medical bills that we aqquired after we filed. Not too much and we can pay them off, but the collection agency wouldnt talk to us at all while we were in BK, But they're showing on our credit

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Discharged Chap 13

Congrats!  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yaaaay! Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling?!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for Cap1 card with a $400 limit....Surprising with really really poor Experian score.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you applied/got approved today, try for another one today.  They are good for 2 cards in one day with only one credit pull.  Just don't waint until tomorrow or it will be a new cr pull.  If you get it, great, you have 2 cards to garden.  If you don't, it won't have any additional impact.  I was given this advice from Cruznmore when I was approved for my QS From CapOne and even though it was a couple hours apart, I still got it without an additional hit (although at the time, I thought they did a 2nd pull, but it was actually all my cr account notifying up the pull from the other cr's)

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you applied/got approved today, try for another one today.  They are good for 2 cards in one day with only one credit pull.  Just don't waint until tomorrow or it will be a new cr pull.  If you get it, great, you have 2 cards to garden.  If you don't, it won't have any additional impact.  I was given this advice from Cruznmore when I was approved for my QS From CapOne and even though it was a couple hours apart, I still got it without an additional hit (although at the time, I thought they did a 2nd pull, but it was actually all my cr account notifying up the pull from the other cr's)

+1!!

Go for a second one!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have major respect for those of you who have endured a Ch13. We started one and weren't able to complete it. Good luck with your rebuild!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasnt bad, since my wife was just starting a new job with a consisitant income we was able to budget how bills got paid and what would be spending money. If I have any regrets it would be I didnt file sooner when we had our foreclosure. And like most our biggest struggle now is going be getting credit of any kind. 9 years of a pretty good credit history got wiped away in a matter of 4-5 months. Credit system is a broken system but what can you do.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What really chapped my butt about ch 13 was that you make payments for 3-5 years, which if reported might help with on time payments, but instead all of your previous on time payments basically drop off after that long so you're left with no credit history at all.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.