Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! I'm Free.......

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Finally! I'm Free.......

Yay!  Thanks to this forum and everyone's advice, I found out how to use Pacer and saw that we got our Chapter 13 discharge 4 days ago!  It has been a long 63 months, but I've learned A LOT in that time, primarily, how to live cash ONLY.  During the last year or so, we've desperately needed a new car and I'm hoping to be able to buy one soon.  In the meantime, I'm patiently waiting for the discharge to hit my credit reports so that I can ensure that everything reports correctly before I apply.  I hope this doesn't take too long to happen.  I tried to clean up some items before the discharge (i.e. accounts that were IIB reporting as past due) and have disputed a couple of accounts.  Waiting on the results for those 2 items.  I first joined this site at the end of April this year and learned about the capital one prequal site.  For fun, I'd log on, just to see if I qualified for anything (I never did).  Well, today I finally pre-qualified for both the Quicksilver Rewards and the Venture Rewards!  Hubby pre-qualified for Platinum MC and Quicksilver One!  I DO NOT intend to app for any credit cards.  A car loan is first and foremost on my agenda, but it was just nice to feel the love.  I intend to follow the "BK to 700" thread to the "T" (after securing a car loan- my 13 year old car is in need of replacement).  Thank you all for your contributions to this site!  I'm excited to start my rebuild. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally! I'm Free.......

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz !

Since you are after a Vehicle, and not a Credit Card.

Are you looking at Dealer financing?

Or do you have one or more Credit Unions in mind to fund this?

Congratz AGAIN ! ! !

Message 4 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Your rebuild started 63 months ago.

Chapter 13 is different than 7.  

You are ahead of the game.

Check with Cap One Auto and CC prequalifications.

I just bought a new car through Cap One at 2.49% for 72 months!

I am 2 years out from Ch 7.

congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Congrats!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 6 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  

Message 7 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratz !

Since you are after a Vehicle, and not a Credit Card.

Are you looking at Dealer financing?

Or do you have one or more Credit Unions in mind to fund this?

@Anonymous, not looking to finance through the dealer.  I went on the Cap1 prequal site and was prequaled for up to $40,000 @2.49% to 5.39%.  I thought it was pretty good for 4 days post DC.  I went to my credit union today to apply, but there was a wait to see the loan officer.  I left my info and am waiting to hear back.  Unfortunately, I burned NFCU in BK13 so I'm not going to waste my time there.  DH was approved at Cap1 for $22,000 at 3.6%-12.05% but he did not burn NFCU so he will try with them as well.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.