Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, a response!

tag
rizeninme
New Contributor

Finally, a response!

I got my first letter today in response to almost 30 letters I mailed about three weeks ago.

This one was one of the major ones because it was a vehicle which we turned in through our BK and has been listed on our credit report as a "repo" and "charge off" for five years now.

I got a letter today from Mitsubishi Motors stating that "Per your request, we have sent confirmation of the correct rating for this account to the credit bureau agencies listed below: BANKRUPTCY 13, DISCHARGED" and they listed EX, TU and EQ.

Finally!!!!

This has really hurt my DH's credit score, and I am very excited to see what kind of difference it makes. I'll let you know....
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally, a response!

Being five years old, it was likely having a pretty minor impact on your DH's scores. I'm guessing less than ten points. However, it's great you got it fixed, because in a manual review a charge off is a killer.
Message 2 of 3
rizeninme
New Contributor

Re: Finally, a response!

OMG- Just checked my DH's scores, and his TU score went up 56 points!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

From 575 to 631 after getting only the repo updated to IIB.

Only a few more things to get updated and we might be able to see high 600's by the end of the year, only two years after BK discharge.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.