Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got a little love from Capital One

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Finally got a little love from Capital One

I was discharged from CH7 April 2014. Since then I have gotten a car loan thru Ally for $25k and was added as an AU on a CU credit card with a CL of $1k. I tried the pre-approval think for Captial One several times and only got the "we are unable to find a match" response. Once I did a full app and reconned it and got the letter that I had too many old outstanding debt things. CO was incluced in my CH7 but there was a zero balance on it. I finally got up the nerve to try their secured and got an approval with a $49 deposit. The website said to increase my deposit to get a higher limit so I did $100 for my deposit. Figuring my limit will be $350 or so and will add an additional depsoit each month to get it to a higher limit. Not sure now if that opens the door or what for better cards they offer. My scores right now bounce all over the place depending on which formula they use so it goes anywhere from 600 to 671 depending on which company does it and which report they pull from.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally got a little love from Capital One

People seem to really get dramatically different results, but for me, capital one has really treated me well.

i spend alot (4000-7000) per month on cap one and i have gone from 1 card at 3000 to 5 cards totaling 50,000 in less than 2 years.

congrats!

YMMV

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 3
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got a little love from Capital One

Yea they seem to be all over the page and never know which way they will go lol

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.