Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Fingerhut after BK

Well, I was going to try to open another FH account after the BK, and the online app said it could not be processed and to call one of their toll free numbers. I did so, and explained what I wanted to do and he said I needed to call the credit department. OK, so I call the number he gave me and explain what I want, and because I had a closed account he said I needed to call customer service and gives me a third number. SO... I call that number and explain for the third time what I want. He refers me BACK to new accounts, the first number. After being on this merry-go-round for a total of FIVE phone calls I decided to get off, as I was getting dizzy and naseous.

I thought these guys were EASY to get re-established with?

I geuss FH is not going to be a part of my rebuild.

Current FICO 8 Scores EX569/TU485/EQ543 9/18/2017 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut after BK

I almost guarantee, in a month, you will receive a pre-approval with one of their catalogs. 

BK 5-2012 Revolving Rebuild Started 6-2016
AMEX ED & SPG | BOA CR | PenFed PR & CR | NFCU FS | Discover IT | Cap1 QS & VENTURE | LOWES | Barclays AVIATOR
Established Member
0 Kudos

a few people i have met that also filed said to wait 60-90 days after discharge and to be patient.

try credit one, they are super friendly right out of bk

DISC 8/14/17: EQU: 494 TRS: 469 EXP: 492
GOAL: GET BACK TO 760
CURRENT: EQU: 598 TRS: 601 EXP: 598
Credit Karma: TRS: 678 EQU: 652
Rebuild Progress: PENFED Member, Chase Checking Account, Credit One Unsecured 300, Milestone Gold Unsecured 300, Sonoma Williams Comenity 250
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I will not deal with Credit One. A bank owned by one of the largest junk debt buyers? No thanks.

I've already opened a secured card with SDFCU to get me moving.

Current FICO 8 Scores EX569/TU485/EQ543 9/18/2017 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250
Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

NormanFH wrote:

I will not deal with Credit One. A bank owned by one of the largest junk debt buyers? No thanks.

Good job there Norman! Yes, youve been around the forums to know who to look at who not too. Give it a another month or two, and check the prequal with Cap1, and see if it shows you anything. Even if you burned them or not, they approva lots of folks the they were IIB with. Do you have current loans reporting?  Car, school, mortgage?? Are you reports correct? Have you checked them recently?  

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 07/2017 FICO- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

pizza1 wrote:

NormanFH wrote:

Good job there Norman! Yes, youve been around the forums to know who to look at who not too. Give it a another month or two, and check the prequal with Cap1, and see if it shows you anything. Even if you burned them or not, they approva lots of folks the they were IIB with. Do you have current loans reporting?  Car, school, mortgage?? Are you reports correct? Have you checked them recently?  

I have my auto loan reporting on EQ only. Next month I plan to drop another 500 into SDFCU and do a secured loan. I made the mistake of only putting 300 in last week, and their secured loans are 500 minimum.

I've done a triple pull with CCT. So far everything looks kosher. I've noticed that ALL of the public records (five judgments) I had before the BK are gone. Only the BK is there.

~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.