Established Member
Jayla127

Fingerhut still reporting charge off/bad debt post bankruptcy!

Last year Jan 2010 I filed for bankruptcy and listed every creditor I had.  My bankruptcy was discharged in July 2010.  I checked my credit reports to make sure everything was reporting correctly.  I noticed that Fingerhut still reports charge off. on Equifax, but on TransUnion it states the account is Unrated! (What does that mean?) I called the credit bureaus who stated they would confirm with Fingerhut. The CSR also said I could contact them myself, which I did. The collections rep told me that the account was sold to another company before the BK.  The CO company was removed from my CR but Fingerhut will not budge.  They are the only company that is reporting bad debt well everyone else states IIB. Is there anything I can do to make them report correctly?

Starting Score: 430
Current Score: 519
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
kjm79

Re: Fingerhut still reporting charge off/bad debt post bankruptcy!

If the account was CO before the BK, then they are reporting correctly.  You can ask them to report it as included in BK, they have no obligation to do so though. 

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Established Member
Jayla127

Thanks! I will check into that

Starting Score: 430
Current Score: 519
Goal Score: 640

Qwerty99

Fingerhut is still reporting Charged off on my credit reports. I call them and they told me that the debt is now owned by Jefferson Credit. I call Jefferson and was told i paid they debt back in June 2011. Who do i need to contact to fix this? Fingerhut? It seems from the previous posts that they arent helpful. I didnt not file for any bankruptcy so my situation may be different.

mustang03

i am no expert, but if figerhut charged it off and sold it to another company then their reporting correctly perhaps. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}