cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flooded with card offers right after discharge?

tag
beezer32
Regular Contributor

Flooded with card offers right after discharge?

You've probably heard people talk about having their mailboxes inundated with sub-prime credit card offers immediately following a BK discharge. Just out of curiousity, what hit your mailbox? Excluding the billions of auto loan offers of course. I'm talking about actual cards.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flooded with card offers right after discharge?

I haven't actually received any offers. I'm getting car stuff all the time, but no cards.

Message 2 of 11
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I still get "Pre Approval" letters for First Premiere.  They are jelly I didn't use them.   Never will either.

Message 3 of 11
bstone
Frequent Contributor

The only offer I've received was First Premier as well, won't touch them if you were paying the bill.  I don't want that crap on my credit, I think that's like a kiss of death for any future offers.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 4 of 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I expected the surge of offers after disch but they never came. Now, 1 year post disch and everyday I receive card offers in the mail.  I find it funny that now after I'm on my way in the rebuild process, these creditors are a bit late to the party.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten First Preimer pre-approval after my last month BK7 discharge, never opened it instead went straight to shredder! LOL! Mostly gotten local auto loans specializing post BK loans which of course went stright to shredder after opening and curiously reading it ;-)

Message 6 of 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

The only offer I got in the mail was the Verve card.  Everything else was done cold apping.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 11
dt3813
Regular Contributor

I have received ZIPPO, NADA....

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 8 of 11
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I got Credit One, First Premier and Blaze (whatever this one was, it was a Mastercard).  I accepted the Credit One card for a rebuild and that was it.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 11
beezer32
Regular Contributor

So pretty much the 'age old saying' is wrong! Credit offers don't flood your mailbox after a BK discharge. =)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.