Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forclosure/Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forclosure/Bankruptcy

So in August 2013 I filed bankruptcy chapter 7 and it included my obligation to a home. I kept an eye on my credit report for the past 2 years. I attempted to apply for a home loan and was denied due to forclosure. News to me. I went back and did my research. BofA is reporting the discharge of the loan under chapter 7, but also forclosure. Dispute time. Apparently they started forclosure proceedings in 2012...news to me again. Disputes are in and I contacted BofA. Will be submitting a written dispute to them this week.

Question is...is it even possible to get it removed. I've been doing research online but I've found conflicting info on whether or not I can get it fixed.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Forclosure/Bankruptcy

The foreclosure process has to happen to get the house out of your name. It should not, however, show up as a separate public record on your credit reports. My mortgage holder had the word foreclosure on my account and I disputed that it was IIB and it was removed. When you apply for your next mortgage you will have to disclose the foreclosure on your application. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is IIB?

Does it matter that the forclosure started before or after?

Any suggestions on the dispute wording?
Message 3 of 4
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

IIB means included in bankruptcy. 

i just disputed through each CRA that it was discharged in BK. They removed the word foreclosure without question. 

I believe your date of BK is what matters here, not when the fc happened. Some others can chime in on when the clock starts. You should visit the mortgage forum. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.