cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found out on Pacer today that my Chapter 13 has been discharged!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Found out on Pacer today that my Chapter 13 has been discharged!!!

Congrats on your approvals. I've felt the same as you these past few weeks. It IS surreal because I was prepared for the worst post discharge.

I was hoping that future creditors took into account that someone completing a CH13 has had a long time to learn new/sounder financial habits. I guess some, like CapOne, do and are less restrictive. But interestingly, I did also apply for an Amazon store card and was denied in the same period.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes some seem to definitely be friendlier to BK than the others. It wasn't all good news yesterday though. I was surprised that NFCU denied me a card.  I am currently an authorized user on one of their cards (plus I have a checking and savings account with them) and I though with my scores and everything else, it would be approved. I am not concerned though. I know that with them, if you can plead your case very well in the recon, they will give you a card. I am waiting for the denial letter to know what angle my argument will be from....lol. 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have huge respect for those that have endured and conquered a Ch13! Good luck in the future!

Message 13 of 23
padme
Established Contributor

Nothing happens overnight now.. youre gonna need some time. find a secured card or 2 or a sub-prime card for a year, and then you can start apping for better cards. Lots of users ahve luck with Preq Capitol one cars. But i would wait a little bit, so u can get better limit then... CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say a new $20k Venture is a pretty good start!! Dang, nicely done!
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update  11/18/15 at 3:30pm:

I tried the capital one pre qual for credit card like eemiran advised and one of the options was the venture card. I applied and I was approved for $20,000!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Today is insane and surreal. I cannot believe it! I then went and applied for the Capital one Auto loan (I have need a new car for over a year because my former car is dead in my garage) and I was approved for up to $40,000. I need a drink...lol. What a day! Please stay encourage people. Three to five years is a long wait but it's worth it. It helps that I have great income and i am so grateful. I am waiting the response to my NFCU credit card and auto loan application and then I am done. I don't want any other card or anything else.  Thanks!

That credit limit is incredible! Congratulations on such a bright beginning in this new phase of your financial life!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I'm still pinching myselfSmiley Happy to see if I wake up. It's hard to believe

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I did plead my case with NFCU and they re-considered.  I suggested $1000 and they agreed. They said they don't normally give any cards straight out of bankruptcy and that I should make sure I build a payment history before applying for a CLI .  I will give you guys an update in six months when I apply for the CLI. The only card I ever wanted was NFCU but I am grateful for Capital One also. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job with NFCU! They are as BK friendly as it gets. You'll find many threads specifically about growing with NFCU. What a fantastic first day!
Message 19 of 23
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Awesome!  Congrats!  13 is not easy.

There is life after BK...

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.