Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emeritus

Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful -- 2/6/14

Hello folks,

This is an open letter to the entire community.

Recently we've been seeing a decline in general courtesy on this forum; we've strived to make this forum a Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful online resource for credit education and similar topics, and as of late we have been straying from that ideal.  We do not want to see this continue to slide into the typical online community where mostly anything goes, and as such, we are going to be taking more active stance when it comes to handling occurrences of inappropriate material.

From our User Guidelines:

Inappropriate material

In the spirit of a healthy and helpful community, profanity, spam, personal attacks, flaming, and other inappropriate postings are not tolerated.  Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in myFICO Forums.

This is a violation in accordance with our Terms of Service, specifically:

• Attacks, including “Flaming” another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict; creating usernames to attack other users’ identities; impersonating other individuals or falsely representing one’s identity or qualifications; posts made under secondary user names or other aliases for the purpose of either endorsing or denigrating others; posts that breach any participant’s privacy by including name, address, phone, email address, or any other identifying information.

We don't want to shutdown the discourse of ideas entirely, and some information even when posted perfectly in accordance with our policies will be viewed as negative to certain members: we will continue to apply our admittedly subjective standard of reasonableness in such situations, but we have had recent incidents which have crossed the line, and these we want to eliminate.

For more information, please refer to our User Guidelines and our Terms of Service.

Thank you, and we greatly appreciate everyone's efforts in keeping this forum as a Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful environment!

--Revelate, myFICO moderator

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful -- 2/6/14

Well said! I found so much help from what seemed like open arms when I first joined. All I try to do is spread the knowledge I have and help people in the same way I was helped. Everyone have a great day!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
728 EQ FICO 02/2016
729 TU FICO 02/2016
728 EX FICO 02/2016
$20k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $9k Barclay Arrival WEMC | $5.8k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $11k Cap1 VentureOne | $7k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the reminder.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Established Contributor

Woah! Clearly I missed something exciting while I was recovering!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

SoulMaster wrote:

-SM

Haha, I haven't gone anywhere and I am just as lost Smiley Happy

728 EQ FICO 02/2016
729 TU FICO 02/2016
728 EX FICO 02/2016
$20k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $9k Barclay Arrival WEMC | $5.8k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $11k Cap1 VentureOne | $7k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

Scupra wrote:

SoulMaster wrote:

-SM

It was more an issue in our more heavily frequented boards (CC and RYC honestly) but when I solicited a list of forums it might be helpful on as I'm not certain anyone actually reads all of them: BK was suggested.  

Have to admit as a moderator it suprised me a little bit too: the number of "inappropriate content" notifications from the BK forum is absurdly low, but I'd be the first to admit I don't regularly read the BK forum; I know the path to a Chapter 13 pretty well since I once considered it to force an installment agreement on the IRS, but the backside / recovery aspect I simply don't know.  On the other hand if someone wanted to talk who will play ball with tax liens, I'm a good resource Smiley Happy.

If I had to guess the suggestion came from what we were trying to convey: it's incredibly hard for anyone to come onto the forum and admit their "failings" and the Bankruptcy forum much like the Rebuilding forum does need a welcoming and encouraging tone more than say General Credit just by it's nature.  My theory anyway as a moderator.

--Rev

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Revelate wrote:

Scupra wrote:

SoulMaster wrote:

-SM

It was more an issue in our more heavily frequented boards (CC and RYC honestly) but when I solicited a list of forums it might be helpful on as I'm not certain anyone actually reads all of them: BK was suggested.  

Have to admit as a moderator it suprised me a little bit too: the number of "inappropriate content" notifications from the BK forum is absurdly low, but I'd be the first to admit I don't regularly read the BK forum; I know the path to a Chapter 13 pretty well since I once considered it to force an installment agreement on the IRS, but the backside / recovery aspect I simply don't know.  On the other hand if someone wanted to talk who will play ball with tax liens, I'm a good resource Smiley Happy.

If I had to guess the suggestion came from what we were trying to convey: it's incredibly hard for anyone to come onto the forum and admit their "failings" and the Bankruptcy forum much like the Rebuilding forum does need a welcoming and encouraging tone more than say General Credit just by it's nature.  My theory anyway as a moderator.

--Rev

Couldn't agree more. Is definitley hard, but was easier for me to start admitting to myself what happened on the forums and then to people in real life. I think I waited a year to file just because of the "public's thoughts" on bankruptcy. It's embarrasing to fail, but it's even more embarassing to not learn from your failures. Can only hope to help someone the way I was helped when signing up for the boards. Thank you again for the reminder, and for anyone else reading - You are welcome to join, we are all here to help no matter what your short coming was.

728 EQ FICO 02/2016
729 TU FICO 02/2016
728 EX FICO 02/2016
Highlighted
New Visitor

well i am new to this forum,but i appreciate your efforts in creating such friendly,supportive forrum not in just a name but in providing help also.please don't tolerate the spammers and people who do fake postings.Cat Happy

What did you do to get your cards at higher rates/ lines? I need all the advice I can get! 

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 800

Senior Contributor

Well said Rev!! Thank you
(BK7-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 02/2016- EQ-668 TU-?? EX-681
total avail credit- $212k
In the garden for a long time

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.