Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started With a BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Started With a BK

Hey guys!!

I'm sure you're sick of these posts but I really trust you guys so I am relying on you to help me out here. I am in the process of reading "HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!" as recommended in several other threads. 

Due to some tax junk that I am not able to discuss here we are having to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Currently, all of our cards are in good standing, no late pays since or collection accounts since 2010 when I lost my job but it was all resolved in less than 90 days.

We need to pay a $1.5 retainer fee and would like to get this started and done ASAP so we are debating not paying our cards this month to pony up the cash and get things moving. Is that a horrible idea??

I want to go into the meeting with the attorney with a general idea of what's going on. Any other advice you can give?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Started With a BK

Something else I just thought of... do we have to include all of our cards in the BK? What about cards with no balance? I would assume that if 1 card from bank 123 is included the rest will be auto closed as well... correct?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.