cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an old bill removed from my credit...

tag
calliou

Getting an old bill removed from my credit...

When I filed bankruptcy in 2012, I had a loan with Springleaf for a couple thousand dollars... It was filed in the paperwork, but it's still showing up on my credit report. It just sits still, but I just dont want it there....

How do I get that removed?

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting an old bill removed from my credit...

File disputes with the CRAs. They all have websites that let you do it.

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@calliou wrote:

When I filed bankruptcy in 2012, I had a loan with Springleaf for a couple thousand dollars... It was filed in the paperwork, but it's still showing up on my credit report. It just sits still, but I just dont want it there....

How do I get that removed?

Thank you all!

If its sitting there with 0 balance and states IIB that is perfectly legal, if its not showing this then do dispute it and demand it report IIB.

Message 3 of 7
calliou

It's still showing a balance, but nothing derogatory... it's weird.... Should I call spring leaf or my bankruptcy atty?
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@calliou wrote:
It's still showing a balance, but nothing derogatory... it's weird.... Should I call spring leaf or my bankruptcy atty?

Ok, it just didnt update after the BK discharge, dispute with the CRA saying it was IIB.

Message 5 of 7
calliou

Send a letter to all of them?
I'm sorry I'm being a pain, but this is my first attempt at anything of this nature.
So please pardon all the questions.... :-)
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@calliou wrote:
Send a letter to all of them?
I'm sorry I'm being a pain, but this is my first attempt at anything of this nature.
So please pardon all the questions.... :-)

If its reporting this way on all 3 then send 3 letters you only send letter to the CRA who is reporting in error

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.