cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready to file

tag
Trickey280

Getting ready to file

We are claiming chapter 13. The lawyer is suppose to submite the petition today. I am nervous about this whole process. We have a daughter going off to college next year and want to be able to help her. How will this effect her? Tuition isn't the issue its the cost of living. Plus just the every day stuff like vet visits, school shopping unexpected emergencies.

I am looking forward to this being a new begining but am also afraid of the process.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting ready to file

@Trickey280 wrote:

We are claiming chapter 13. The lawyer is suppose to submite the petition today. I am nervous about this whole process. We have a daughter going off to college next year and want to be able to help her. How will this effect her? Tuition isn't the issue its the cost of living. Plus just the every day stuff like vet visits, school shopping unexpected emergencies.

I am looking forward to this being a new begining but am also afraid of the process.

As much as you want to help your child, honestly you need to take care of yourself first. If you can't make sure all your debts are paid and living expenses then you really shouldn't help your child. What I just said is basically the extent of how your BK will effect her, unless she's joint on any of your accounts that will be IIB.

BK is nervous for everyone, I doubt anyone goes into it not being some degree of nervous. It'll get better from here, just make sure not to miss any of your payments with your chapter 13!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.