Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Stories After Bankrupty

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Stories After Bankrupty

Since being discharged in September 2014, I did the following:

I applied for a secured credit card with First Progress, then Capital One.  I got really happy and became credit card crazy.  I then applied for Barclay in November, Unsecured Capital One in December and January 2015 American Express.

The only credit card company that declined me was Discover and I am okay with that.  Also, my CLI 3x with American Express was declined because of my lowered Fico Score that dropped 24 points for paying off a bill - still confused but oh well. 

I am extremely satisfied and may go back to gardening because I am obsessed with higher credit now that I have credit.  Anyone else feeling like they can't stop?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Good Stories After Bankrupty

Were you in a  7 or 13?  I have never heard of anybody getting an AMEX fresh out of BK 7 discharge.  Can you elaborate?  Who did you include in your BK if it was a 7?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Stories After Bankrupty

Filed Chapter 13 June 2009.

I thought American Express would be difficult as well based on all that I had been reading on CreditKarma and this site.  Then I went on a website (don't remember) that stated they were going to give BK customers a second try.  I dunno if this will help but I had an account years prior BK that was not included and closed by me based on them lowering my score without contacting me.  I had vowed never to use them again - go figure.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.