Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group? 341 Meeting (now waiting for discharge) CH7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Group? 341 Meeting (now waiting for discharge) CH7

My attorney advised me not to sign the reaffirmation, just keep making payments on time. I was given the same advise from a different attorney, too.
Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our 341 is next wednesday and right now, we're in a dilemma. We were going to give the car back but it got totaled by the flood last week here in Texas. I'm using a rental but I would need to get a new/used car and not sure what lender would help us out while we're still pending in Ch 7. Looking for some suggestions on where to go.

Our credit score range from 580-640. 

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awaiting my discharged. So anxious to start rebuilding. I filed on 7/24. Surrended my vehicle and no credit cards survived so I'll be starting fresh. Anxious to get utilize Soulmaster's plan that's posted on here. Forgot to add my 341 Meeting was on 8-31-15.

Good luck all!Robot Very Happy

Message 13 of 45
gnp57
Established Member

My discharge was 10/5 and I was approved for a Cap 1 QS one week later. I follow Soulmaster's plan which is a thread in the bk forum.

My wife's 341 is next Tuesday and she'll be following his plan, too. 

Ch 7 Discharge 10/5/15

Starting: EX 493; TU 505; EQ 528

3/2/16: EX 579; TU 570; EQ 585

Goal: mid 700s

Cap1 QS $300; Cap 1 Plat $500
Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked my attorney about obtaining a secured CC while waiting for my discharge. He stated it would be okay, just don't obtain an unsecured CC.
Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone attempted to apply for a CC or auto loan while pending? 

Message 16 of 45
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why rush the credit card app? In some cases I can understand the auto loan but definitely not a credit card app..

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 45
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why rush the credit card app? In some cases I can understand the auto loan but definitely not a credit card app..

I have read several reports now of people getting Cap 1 cards before discharge.   That doesn't mean it's a great idea, but since you asked I will pass that on.

One good reason to wait a little bit is that once you get your reports cleaned up and get all the balances showing as zero, your score will go up due to reduced utilization.  The point is that you might get two $300 cards before discharge and if you wait till discharge you might get two 3K cards.

Good luck.  If you do anything, please report back.

Message 18 of 45
RockHaven

I had my meeting 9/30! Now patiently waiting to get my papers in the mail. I completed my post-filing counseling 11/3 and it was recorded 11/5 . When I pulled my reports some things say it was included in ch7 and some don't , was wondering if I should start disputing now are wait til the discharge is finalized?
Chapter 7 Filed 8/24/15
Creditors Meeting 9/30/15
Discharged ?

Can't wait to start rebuilding...

Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started cleaning my CR, and hope to see my discharge in mid Dec.
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.