Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group? 341 Meeting (now waiting for discharge) CH7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Group? 341 Meeting (now waiting for discharge) CH7

I'm one of the more recent posters here that was able to get 2 Capital One cards before discharge (Just got my discharge today!!!!!!!) While I was super excited to get it, If I could go back, I would tape my fingers together to keep from apping, lol, and just wait until DC. I had SUPER itchy trigger finger and after reading about people getting approved I went for it, but CH-7-Rebuilding is right, you take a gamble on getting $300 vs $1k or more if you wait. I feel like I got really lucky, but the experience has made me more cautious now.

Message 21 of 45
Scupra
Super Contributor

When your d/c usually comes 1-3 months after filing I just don't see why you would want to rush it.. The extra stress of "what if" the trustee gets mad and the risk of a lower limit - just wait.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Day! I read many individuals coming out a BK with awesome credit cards (big line of credits, too). Do you have a mortgage being reported to obtain such good credit scores? Someone told me its difficult to obtain 700+ without a mortgage being reported. Is this true?

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason why I was asking is because I travel for work 3-4x of of the year and it puts a strain when providing a debit card to the hotel. They put a $300-400 hold on the account. I would prefer to get a CC so it won't be so stress for my wife and kids.

Company doesn't provide CC for me due to my title.
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do have a mortgage and we were approved to do a loan modification as well. We have a car payment and this was after we filed for ch13 and was approved to incurred debt.
Message 25 of 45
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Day! I read many individuals coming out a BK with awesome credit cards (big line of credits, too). Do you have a mortgage being reported to obtain such good credit scores? Someone told me its difficult to obtain 700+ without a mortgage being reported. Is this true?

I do not have a mortgage...yet! It will take some time to 700, usually around 2 years with an aggressive rebuild.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are anxiously awaiting discharge..... We filed ch 7 on 7/7/15. 341 was 9/1. I guess things just move very slowly here. We are getting pre approvals almost every day for cap 1. We are waiting for discharge to apply for anything. I pulled a free report a couple weeks ago and all but one (or two I can't remember now) are showing as iib.
Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had our 341 on 9/30. We are currently waiting for discharge.... BUT, we have been flagged! This makes me sooooo nervous. Our atty doesn't seem too overly concerned. She says it's likely due to our income. And that they usually accept her responses. At this point, we haven't received an official "letter" requiring us to do anything. But we shall see...
Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

New_beginning0715, could you give a little more info on your situation?

When did you find out you were "flagged"?  Was your BK no asset?  Did you have to pass the means test?

Sorry if these questions are intrusive, I also had my 341 meeting around the same time and currently waiting for discharge.  My income is above the limit and it took a lot of finagling to pass the means test.

Any info would be appriciated.

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please explain what you mean by flagged??
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.