New Visitor
FightingBack

HELP! Didn't reaffirm mortgages, making payments, monthly updates by bank are KILLING my FICO

[ Edited ]

I filed for BK 9/10 discharged 12/10. I did not reaffirm my mortgage or my HELOC, both with Chase.

I am current and have continued to make payments (riding through).

My credit report shows that both accounts have a zero balance and were IIB.

Every month Chase "Updates" both my mortgage and HELOC so the date of last activity changes.

FICO is considering this as a "Late Payment" and it is KILLING my credit score.

Even though the the notes at the bottom show a reducing balance, and the line item shows a $0 balance.

I have asked Chase to stop reporting this, but they say what they are reporting is accurate and they will not stop. I have called FICO and asked why they were considering it a "Late Payment" and they said they were going by the date of last activity.

I have been perfect since the BK; everything paid on time and have gotten 2 credit cards and a installment loan.

My credit score is 604 almost 2 years after the BK  and FICO says it is because my last late payment was a month ago! How can they count an updating of an IIB line item as a late payment?

HELP!

New Contributor
cem13

Re: HELP! Didn't reaffirm mortgages, making payments, monthly updates by bank are KILLING my FICO

Wells Fargo did the same to me after my BK7.  I had to call them a few times and threaten a lawsuit.  The mortgage cannot report anything unless you re-affirm.  Pull out your BK discharge paperwork.  Make sure it is IIB.  Make a copy of that schedule and send to Chase and all 3 CRAs.  As mentioned in other threads, getting a trade line to report IIB is very easy.

Keep up on your payments.  Your balance owed should report $0.  I was told by my attorney that at any point in the future, we can stop making payments and force them to foreclose.  It will take almost 2 years.  The negative is that it typically takes 3 years to get a new mortgage after foreclosure.

You may want to buy a new house, tell the mortgage company that you will rent out yor existing house.  Then after you close on your new house, you have many options.

MyFICO '08: AUG2014: EQ=707, TU=693, EX=711
MyFICO '08 JUN2014: EQ=700, TU-688
MyFICO JAN2014: EQ=704, TU=720, EX=708
MyFICO MAY13: EQ=701, TU=708, EX=705 (Lender Pull).
MyFICO JAN13: EQ=701; TU = 677) 2 years after filing BK7, 18 months after discharge in JUN11
MyFICO (SEP12: EQ=677; TU=670) 16 months after discharge BK7.
MyFICO (JUL12: EQ=671) 13 months after BK7.

Wallet: NFCU Rewards: $25K; Cap1 QuickSilver: $2250; Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000; Cap1 Rewards: $1500.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}