cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Synchrony, PSECU and USAA "updating" my IIB accts and killing my score!!

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

HELP!! Synchrony, PSECU and USAA "updating" my IIB accts and killing my score!!

I need advice as to what to do about this. I logged into CCT today and noticed that my FICO had dropped 19 points!! I was shocked because there hadn't been a change to make it drop like that, so I thought.

After scrolling through the accounts, I noticed that Synchrony, PSECU and USAA had "updated" my accounts with them that had been discharged in August 2015!! Why would they "update" an account that was discharged in 2015?? This makes the "most recent late payment" look like it was last month.  Can they do that??

I personally think this is illegally "collecting" on a debt since they are reporting on a discharged debt.  What should I do??

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated on how to handle this....

TIA....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: HELP!! Synchrony, PSECU and USAA "updating" my IIB accts and killing my score!!

I would like to get an answer to this as well... All of my accounts, excluding discover last updated on 2/2016 after being discharged from Bk7 back in December ...

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 2 of 6
panthersguy
New Contributor

Re: HELP!! Synchrony, PSECU and USAA "updating" my IIB accts and killing my score!!

Bump...

Message 3 of 6
holmesnmanny
Contributor

@panthersguy wrote:

Bump...

They can report anything as long as it's accurate. As long as the accounts are IIB and the last date was your discharged month and it's showing a 0 balance and closed then it's correct. 

Supposedly I've heard that they shouldn't show anything late as of your bankruptcy filing I don't think it's been set in stone that that is inaccurate yet. As long as it's not late past your discharge it's correct. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can they report as 'late' if the account had been closed and charged-off? Several of mine after my Ch7 have changed to 'open' and lates are listed again. 

Message 5 of 6
holmesnmanny
Contributor

The last month of delinquency has to be from the discharge month. Anything late after that is disputable. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.