Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

@adamseve wrote:

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Please, for the love of all that is pure and righteous, Do not do this!

Go read the 7 to 700 guide in the BK forums.  A BK rebuild is completely different than a normal build, if you follow that guide, you'll have a 700 in no time at all.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 6
PCMedic
New Contributor

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PCMedic wrote:

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

+3

I also suggest you visit the BK forum for better answers and help

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

Has anyone had any success?
Message 5 of 6
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Why would it matter if anyone has had success?  We're ALL telling you not to do this!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.