Frequent Contributor

HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Established Contributor

Re: HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

adamseve wrote:

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Please, for the love of all that is pure and righteous, Do not do this!

Go read the 7 to 700 guide in the BK forums.  A BK rebuild is completely different than a normal build, if you follow that guide, you'll have a 700 in no time at all.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
New Contributor

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $3500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $3700 | Walmart $4100 | PayPal CS $700 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

PCMedic wrote:

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

+3

I also suggest you visit the BK forum for better answers and help

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had any success?
Established Contributor

Why would it matter if anyone has had success?  We're ALL telling you not to do this!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.