Frequent Contributor
adamseve

HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

Re: HH Gregg & Walmart CC After BK

adamseve wrote:

I'm in the process of rebuilding my life and credit after layoff, divorce, and CH 7 BK.  BK was discharged May 2013, and I'd like to slowly rebuild.  I'm considering applying for a couple of cards I formerly had and were included in the BK:  Walmart and HH Gregg. 

Has anyone had any success getting credit with GEMB after including them in BK?  What about with these stores if you were successful? 

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Planning to apply on or before 9/3 when my reports go back on LOCK DOWN!

Please, for the love of all that is pure and righteous, Do not do this!

Go read the 7 to 700 guide in the BK forums.  A BK rebuild is completely different than a normal build, if you follow that guide, you'll have a 700 in no time at all.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
New Contributor
PCMedic

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $3500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $3700 | Walmart $3300 | PayPal CS $500 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

PCMedic wrote:

+1

You are 3 months out of BK ... Don't do it !!!

+3

I also suggest you visit the BK forum for better answers and help

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Frequent Contributor
adamseve

Has anyone had any success?
Established Contributor
SoulMaster

Why would it matter if anyone has had success?  We're ALL telling you not to do this!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}