cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
hawaii12
New Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

That for the information that should give me a good starting point. I do have 2 question for you. I would lime to.know how was you able to pull ur ex credit report. We was only able to.pull tu and eq. Second question was how do.ur credit score to show at the bottom of your posting?
Message 21 of 1,877
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@hawaii12 wrote:
....... able to pull ur ex credit report. We was only able to.pull tu and eq. Second question was how do.ur credit score to show at the bottom of your posting?

As of a few years ago, Experian blocked access to your own EX FICO score. MyFICO used to offer an EX FICO. The only place you can still buy your EX FICO are from your lender. Also, there are some CUs out there that will give you your EX FICO if you ask for it. Some of these CUs have a benefit where they'd review your CR and FICO sometimes at no cost. Finally, there is only one CU out there that regularly provides an EX FICO and that's PSECU if you happen to be a member and have a checking acct. with them.

ETA...Oh...and the siggy:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/NEW-Take-the-FICO-Fitness/Official-FICO-Fitness-Challenge-Signature/...

Message 22 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@hawaii12 wrote:
That for the information that should give me a good starting point. I do have 2 question for you. I would lime to.know how was you able to pull ur ex credit report. We was only able to.pull tu and eq. Second question was how do.ur credit score to show at the bottom of your posting?

The "LP" in my siggy means that I got my EX fico via a Lender Pull.  I didn't buy it.  Ilcs has the right info for updating a siggy in the post right above this one, so I won't repeat it.

Cheers,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 23 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info from this thread:

I recently had my Chapter 7 discharged (90 days ago) and I want to do anything possible to improve my credit score. I am waiting for my credit reports to be mailed to me. Just this past weekend I setup a secured loan (500 bucks) with my CU, won't report to all 3 credit bereaus till the end of the month. Since Orchard bank was bought out by C1, I am not sure if I should just skip to step 2 and get a C1 card with average credit (green cash back) option like you said or what.

My TU score is 575, checked 3 months ago. My CU said I would need at least a 610 before I could apply for their secured credit card. I hear mixed info on the pros and cons of obtaining a secured card. I am not sure what I should do, I don't want to apply for a credit card and get denied which will ding my credit score.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 24 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

You bring up a good point,

I'm going to figure out who the first card is through now that Orchard is gone. Hmmm... If I didn't hate Credit One so much it would almost be them.  Hmm...  I'll post back when I figure it out, but it may wind up Capital One first then something else second.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 25 of 1,877
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I got Capital one as my frist card ....... if you did not include them in your BK Filing it might be worth trying them first.....You can actually see if you pre-qualify for any of their cards directly on their website and it is not a Hard Pull on your credit.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 26 of 1,877
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

You bring up a good point,

I'm going to figure out who the first card is through now that Orchard is gone. Hmmm... If I didn't hate Credit One so much it would almost be them.  Hmm...  I'll post back when I figure it out, but it may wind up Capital One first then something else second.

-SM

Yea I was asking the same question of you in post #20 of this thread because I was approved for $400 bucks on the Credit One card, plus I wanted to get a secured card with SDFCU because they don't do a credit check.  They did a soft pull for opening the account but as long as you have some money in your account they will open up to a $100K secured card Smiley Surprised

So possibly I should go ahead and keep Credit One then?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 27 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies SM & Somotao,

SM-I look forward to your response, I don't want to rush this process and found out that too many hard inquiries can really hurt your score and possibly stay on your credit report up to a year.

Somotao-I did not include C1 in my BK, when you got a card from them, was it unsecured or secured? I am wondering what is the best way to apply for a card, filling out an application or a pre-qualified method like you suggested. My only concern with the pre-qualified route is if they don't give me an instant decision and then need to do a hard pull and get back to me in 7-10 business days.

Thanks again for your responses.

Message 28 of 1,877
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Hi When I got my card from them it was Unsecured with a credit limit of $500 which went up to750 after about 5 Months or so. I also did the prequalification application, and believe that it will recommend a card even if it is the secured card. I think it is worth using the prequalifier, it leaves no hard pulls on my credit report. It will recommend a card for you to apply for just go with that. Credit limits very some as low as $300 which will increase to $500 after a few months and I have seen some people get $2000 credit limits. I have found it a great rebuilder card. Good Luck.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 29 of 1,877

OK, so I'm searching for answers and I think I may have found them here...

Well, I've been in the rebuilding process since 2008 after filing BK December 2007, but I didn't get "actively" involved in it until around April 2011.  I've disputed some items and successfully had some items removed from TU and EQ, but not EX.  In April 2011 my scores were TU 618, EQ 615, EX 625 (this was using truecredit.com), as of February 2012 (using truecredit.com) TU 654, EQ 643, EX 659, and as of June 2012 (using myFico.com) TU 646, EQ 623.  I feel like I'm stuck where I'm at.  I know that some things just take time, esp after BK, but are there still other actions I can take while I'm waiting for some items to drop off my CBR's?  I've outlined the negative marks below along with some questions, and really hope I can get some feedback and advice.  

LA = last activity, **ERD = estimated removal date

**This date is shown on my free TU report from annualcreditreport.com, but not on the reports by myFico or free report from EQ.  How do the CRA's arrive at this date so I can estimate when to expect items to fall off CBR from EQ and EX? Found an answer to this! 

Baddies:

• Capital One, paid or paying as agreed (open acct), 30 days late 1 time (Dec 2010-DH started new job - threw off finances for a month mid Dec 2010 - mid Jan 2011), EX has marked as going to a positive status 9/2017
  • First Premier Bank, paid or paying as agreed (closed acct, PIF), 30 days late 1 time (Jan 2011-same reason as above)
  • Bank of America; LA TU 7/2007, EQ 12/2006; included in BK; ERD TU 11/2013, EX 12/2013
  • WFNNB A&F; LA TU 2/2007, EQ 1/2007; TU included in BK, EQ transferred or sold acct, EX included in BK, purchased by another lender; ERD TU 12/2013, EX none listed - why?!
  • Chase Bank; LA TU 2/2007, EQ 3/2007; included in BK; ERD TU 2/2014, EX 4/2014
  • GE Paypal; LA TU 2/2007, EQ 3/2007; TU included in BK, EQ transferred or sold acct, charged off, EX purchased by another lender; ERD TU 2/2014, EX none listed - why?!
  • HSBC Bank; LA TU 2/2007, EQ 3/2007; TU EQ charge off, acct transferred or sold, EX purchased by another lender; ERD: TU 2/2014, EX none listed - why?!
  • HSBC Best Buy; LA TU 10/2007, EQ 3/2007; TU EQ charge off, acct transferred or sold, EX purchased by another lender; ERD TU 2/2014, EX none listed - why?!
  • WFNNB VS; LA TU 7/2007, EQ 6/2007; TU included in BK, EQ transferred or sold acct, EX included in BK, purchased by another lender; ERD TU 5/2014, EX none listed - why?!
  • GE Wal-Mart; LA TU 6/2007, EQ 7/2007; included in BK; ERD TU 6/2014, EX 9/2014
  • Capital One Bank; LA TU 7/2007, EQ 8/2007; included in BK; ERD TU 7/2014, EX none listed - why?!
  • GE Dillards; LA TU 6/2007, EQ 8/2007; included in BK; ERD TU 7/2014, EX 10/2014
  • GE JCPenney; LA TU 7/2007, EQ 8/2007; included in BK; ERD TU 7/2014, 10/2014
  • EX ONLY - Action Revenue Recovery - medical collection - Dec. 2010 ERD was 7/2014 & I disputed b/c I had PIF, as of Feb 2012, no ERD, still remains on CBR - how do I get it removed if I paid it??
  • Ch 7 BK 12/07, ERD 11/2017 - I know this is just a waiting game before I see it fall off

All of the red TLs are pre BK and should have been included in BK - we used an attorney. Why aren't they all marked as included in BK?  I haven't disputed it b/c I know the negative impact BK has on the FICO, but I'm not sure if including it would help or hurt... BUT most of the one's marked as transferred do not list an ERD for EX... *SMH-very confused, esp after reading your post to do this.

My goal is to have a middle FICO of at least 700 by mid 2014 to buy or build a house - this is the year DD starts kindergarten and I'll have one semester of college left before I have my Bachelor's!  According to the budget (which is always changing) all revolving credit card debt opened after BK will be PIF, will have started paying early on student loans, and hope to have refinanced auto loan to reduce the interest rate/lower pymts (but will keep making the same pymt as before to pay off sooner)!  Goal is to have only 35% debt-to-income ratio.  IS THIS REALISTIC? 

Message 30 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.