cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

I was discharged January 6th. I pulled all three reports and for the most part my accounts show as IIB., I do have a couple that show as charged off. Should I dispute those so they can also show as IIB? They charged off prior to me filing.

Also credit one preapproval said that it could not qualify me for a card due to previous charge off account with them. I do not recall ever having an account with them. Should I just get a secured card?

Thanks for the help with this.
Message 271 of 1,877
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Credit One was at one time in the early 2000's  First National Bank of Marin, i could not get their card either maybe you had a card with fnbm, luckily they didnt even pull my credit wasting anthor inquiry, they were not even on my credit report at the time i filed i guess they black listed me. Old charge off should be IIB, after your status update follow the rest of the guide i have and i am just a lil past 6 months and i have rebuilt good (imho) congrats on the d/c

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 272 of 1,877
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Sassy_Taurus wrote:
I was discharged January 6th. I pulled all three reports and for the most part my accounts show as IIB., I do have a couple that show as charged off. Should I dispute those so they can also show as IIB? They charged off prior to me filing.

Also credit one preapproval said that it could not qualify me for a card due to previous charge off account with them. I do not recall ever having an account with them. Should I just get a secured card?

Thanks for the help with this.

This is a kind of awkward area. It took me months to get things to report as IIBK if they were charged off prior to me filing. I submitted multiple disputes, called CRA's, called OC's, BBB and even CFPB! Some poeple say if they were charged off prior to filing they are indeed reporting correctly. Others say that if you included it in the BK it needs to be showing IIBK to be reporting "accurately and in full" Those are the words I used when I called a very nice lady at TU

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 273 of 1,877
JaeRenee

My BK was discharged 1/10/14. How long should I wait before I apply for the Cap 1? My currunt myfico is 558..

Message 274 of 1,877
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

first off....welcome & congrats.

you have work to do prior. you need to pull all three of your reports and verify all data is reporting as it should.

follow the steps in this exactly.
Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 275 of 1,877
Officer737
Established Contributor

I saved the plan as a PDF and keep it up on my computer screen to make it easier to follow then got a cheap calendar and posted the dates on what to do at certain times

Message 276 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this! Great idea except I'm going to put the dates into my Google Calendar and have it set reminders for me. Luckily I'm a Nevada resident so I can follow this guide perfectly...BK7 filed 1/24/14 (yesterday! lol) so I've got a waaaays to go but hey, gotta start somewhere right?

Message 277 of 1,877
Abeyance

Hello eveyone!  I'm new to this forum and had a question.

My bk7 was discharged in 3/13.  Following the directions of the faq, I've pulled all three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and all outstanding debts are now listed as "discharged through bankruptcy 7" unless it was an account that was just closed and pays as agrees.

My problem is with the second step, I went to creditone and tried to prequalify for a card and was denied.  The denial letter says:

"We are unable to provide a credit card offer for you at this time for the reason(s) listed below:

No Credit Report Found"

I have a lengthy credit history and am puzzled by this result.  I tried calling Experian and didn't get anywhere with them.  Does anyone have any advice for this?  I'm sure if they could get a copy of my report I would have no problem getting a card through them.  I don't want to go the FPB route to re-establish credit.  And I don't really want to go the secured route because I've heard it's a nightmare to get unsecured credit once you are on a secured card.

I'd appreciate any advice or information if anyone has had something similar happen.  There are no strange inquiries or names/addressess listed on any of my reports.  Thanks in advance!

Message 278 of 1,877
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@Abeyance wrote:

Hello eveyone!  I'm new to this forum and had a question.

My bk7 was discharged in 3/13.  Following the directions of the faq, I've pulled all three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and all outstanding debts are now listed as "discharged through bankruptcy 7" unless it was an account that was just closed and pays as agrees.

My problem is with the second step, I went to creditone and tried to prequalify for a card and was denied.  The denial letter says:

"We are unable to provide a credit card offer for you at this time for the reason(s) listed below:

No Credit Report Found"

I have a lengthy credit history and am puzzled by this result.  I tried calling Experian and didn't get anywhere with them.  Does anyone have any advice for this?  I'm sure if they could get a copy of my report I would have no problem getting a card through them.  I don't want to go the FPB route to re-establish credit.  And I don't really want to go the secured route because I've heard it's a nightmare to get unsecured credit once you are on a secured card.

I'd appreciate any advice or information if anyone has had something similar happen.  There are no strange inquiries or names/addressess listed on any of my reports.  Thanks in advance!

I would personally stay away from CreditOne if you're already approaching a year discharged.  You should be able to establish credit with more reputable lenders than them.  Have you tried Capital One?  They also have a pre-qualifier.  Hell, I'd take their secured card long before I'd touch CreditOne.  I started with a secured card, as you can see, it has NOT hindered me in establishing credit.  In fact, I started with two secured cards.  As I have now built myself up I've closed those secured cards as I've obtained unsecured credit.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 279 of 1,877
OMIAHEART
New Contributor

Funny thing..when I was trying to get a Capital 1 card their prequalifier said I didn't qualify for any of thieir cards.  I decided to apply for the Quicksilver card anyways and was approved immediately for $1,000.  So even if it says you are not prequalified you still may be able to get a card better than their secured!

Filed BK7 – 2/13 (discharged 5/13) (starting score 586)
myFICO EQ 1/2014: 617
myFICO TU 1/2014: 619
myFICO EX 1/2014: 635
Credit 1 - $500 / Cap 1 Sec. $300 / Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,500
Barclays Apple Card / $1700 / American Gen Loan $5,000
Message 280 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.