cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

AMEX won't report you as an authorized user. I am one and I've never been listed in almost 20 years as a user.
Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 781 of 1,877
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I was an A/U on my Ex's Amex and it always reported (still does).  It can help increase your AAofA if the card's opening date is older than your AAofA.  How did you get the 14 negative accounts removed?  I have 8-10 accounts (all major lenders, i.e., Chase, Amex, Cap 1, Barclay's) and I have done one round of disputing with EQ and TU with no luck.  Everything updated.  These are my only negatives besides the BK 7 (no colections) and I really want to get these accounts deleted.  No chance of a goodwill.  Is there another plan of attack to get at least some of them off?

Message 782 of 1,877
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Hi Grassfeeder.  I see that you have a First Tech CC for 5K.  Is it unsecured?  Did you get it after BK 7 discharge?  Can you tell me the date?  I joined them but have not applied for any credit.  I am one year post discharge.  I have a couple of secured and one unsecured card now but would like to get more.  I'm not sure if your card survived your BK 7 or if you got it afterwards.  Thanks.

Message 783 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of those were collection accounts..
Medical collections- I have contacted the hospital billing department instead of collection agency they sent me to.
I asked them how many accounts do I have with them? They responded that I only had one. Then I asked them why did collection agency reported nine accounts when there is only one account with you. I told them that it was not legal to report same account number with different invoices as separate accounts.
They ended up removing everything from my report because I have threatened to go to AG office.

ATT and T-Mobile were disputed online and removed.

judgement - I went to the court house and asked them to update the judgement that it was included into the bankruptcy, I had to push for this!, they didn't really want to do it, but I told them that they had to because it was not reporting properly on my credit report and it needs to state on my report that it was included in to ch7. I have not filled a motion to vacate it. Waited 30 days, then sent a letter to eq tu ex and asked to remove the judgement because it was vacated. All three ended up removing after 30 days verification. EX was more pain then the other two.

Federal Credit Union loan - original lender before it became a judgement. - it was 6 years old account, just disputed it. Stated that it was more then 7 years old and needs to be removed, so they just removed it.

Car loan- late payments. It was an old account, so I just disputed that I was always on time, and they removed late payments.

The only problem I have is ;

HSBC Saks Fith ave account. No matter how I disputed this account, they did not change anything. It still shows charge off even after I have included it in ch7.

I need to send them a letter with ch7 discharge.

The second negative on my report is the public record to Bankruptcy.

Message 784 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

I everyone, 

i am am in need of your help. I didn't start correctly and now paying for it. I started applying for credit before the cleaning my credit report. Needless to say, I paid for it! Credit one denied me however cap1 platinum and rewards approved me for $300. Now, my question is do I keep them both at the 11th month or drop the platinum. If so where do go next? 

Also, I convinced my father to become a member of NFCU and now waiting for him to pull me in. And recently started the investigations with all three CRA.

What else can I do to wrong my right?

Message 785 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Capital One approved you, imo they are better than Credit One. I would take their card(s) and keep them as long as there is no annual fee and treat them as step 1 of rebuilding.  If they have a substantial annual fee, I'd put a reminder on your calendar for 11 months, call, threaten to cancel, see if they counteroffer to convert your account or at least wave the annual fee, and either cancel or keep accordingly.

As per step 2. I would move on to a $1000 1 year NFCU (or other local CU) Share Secured (aka "Credit Builder") loan as soon as you have your Capital One card(s) activated, then backup and do your best to dispute & clean up your reports, as per the Fixing your Credit section while continuing on from step 3.  

5 months should be plenty to fix your credit report, but I would make sure you've disputed and removed everything you can before moving on to step 4, and follow the guide from there.

Good Luck!

Message 786 of 1,877
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Ascempowered,

Since you got approved for a CapitalOne card for $300.00, I would keep it, clean your credit reports, and do everything you can to join NavyFed. Personally, I would make sure you nothing ever goes wrong with the CapitalOne account ever!

With the steps program with CapitalOne, I went from $1000 to $1500. About 5 months ago, I hit the increase credit line button and my Quicksilver jumped up to $3500.00 It's now my second highest credit limit. I was surprised they did that since I burned them badly in my bankruptcy.

Now if you get to join NavyFed, I would take out a loan and a credit card. Let those 3 trade lines be your starting point to rebuild your credit. 

Trust me if you follow the program you will get your scores to the 700 range!

Hang in there things will get better.

Message 787 of 1,877
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Hi Grassfeeder.  I see that you have a First Tech CC for 5K.  Is it unsecured?  Did you get it after BK 7 discharge?  Can you tell me the date?  I joined them but have not applied for any credit.  I am one year post discharge.  I have a couple of secured and one unsecured card now but would like to get more.  I'm not sure if your card survived your BK 7 or if you got it afterwards.  Thanks.

It is unsecured credit with First Tech CU.  I received it about 12-15 months post discharge I believe.  Please note that when I received it, I already had two 3 unsecured trade lines open for $25k in credit.  I also hold approx $60k in liquid assets in accounts with them as well.  I received the same time I aplied to refi my auto loan which was NOT the least bit favorable with them.  With that experience, I couldn't tell you one way or another how BK friendly they are.  While they may issue credit, the guidleiness may or may not be flexible.  I personally would work on other lenders at this point in addition to getting that third unsecured.  Capital One (even getting multiple cards from them) Barclay Card would be another great option at this time as well.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 788 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read this thread.  Couple questions:

• Why are secured cards bad? I have two secured cards now, but I'm six years off from my BK.  Wondering if I should raise the limits on those or close them or just leave em alone.  Does having secured cards this late in the game affect the type of credit/limits I can get?
  • All four of my accounts are reporting a status of "Unrated" on TU, as opposed to "Included in Bankruptcy".  Does that matter?
  • Does the "Worst Delinquency" field matter?  It says "None Reported" for all of my accounts under "Worst Delinquency", EXCEPT for EX, where they're all listed as "collection" for "Worst Delinquency"

Thanks

Message 789 of 1,877
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just read this thread.  Couple questions:

• Why are secured cards bad? I have two secured cards now, but I'm six years off from my BK.  Wondering if I should raise the limits on those or close them or just leave em alone.  Does having secured cards this late in the game affect the type of credit/limits I can get?
  • All four of my accounts are reporting a status of "Unrated" on TU, as opposed to "Included in Bankruptcy".  Does that matter?
  • Does the "Worst Delinquency" field matter?  It says "None Reported" for all of my accounts under "Worst Delinquency", EXCEPT for EX, where they're all listed as "collection" for "Worst Delinquency"

Thanks

you're so far away from your discharge that I highly doubt many things are effecting you like us that are or had just come out of our 341 meeting.

Before closing those secured cards, how about you outline your current situation for us so we can see a total snapshot of where you are.  Current FICO scores?  Credit lines open and limits?  

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 790 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.