cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

@Anonymous wrote:

So far so good. I do have a question though. We are currently working with a RFCU here in Oregon to get an auto loan, just waiting for the right truck to come along. We're right at 5 months since we got our CreditOne cards and we're ready to apply for Capital One. (My wife is prequal/I burned them for a little bit, so may not be yet.) - At any rate, should we just apply for the cards now? Wait until we are ready to get the car and then get the cards? Still figuring this out and would hate to have the cards/hard inquiries be the reason our auto loan be approved. 

6 months post filing. Bank did say they would be willing to work with us based on what we have told them, but have not pulled our credit yet. I just want to make sure if there is a right order to do all this in, we do it. 

Thank you. 

How many inquiries do you have now?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 1551 of 1,877
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OP, I'm curious as to what the starting scores were?

Plenty of us with scores all over the board have used this route. Your starting score does not really matter Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 1552 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far so good. I do have a question though. We are currently working with a RFCU here in Oregon to get an auto loan, just waiting for the right truck to come along. We're right at 5 months since we got our CreditOne cards and we're ready to apply for Capital One. (My wife is prequal/I burned them for a little bit, so may not be yet.) - At any rate, should we just apply for the cards now? Wait until we are ready to get the car and then get the cards? Still figuring this out and would hate to have the cards/hard inquiries be the reason our auto loan be approved. 

6 months post filing. Bank did say they would be willing to work with us based on what we have told them, but have not pulled our credit yet. I just want to make sure if there is a right order to do all this in, we do it. 

Thank you. 

Honestly, I don't think any (hard) since we recieved the CreditOne cards. The Capital One cards and the bank will be the first. I just don't want one to cause a problem with the other. 

Message 1553 of 1,877
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. 

Honestly, I don't think any (hard) since we recieved the CreditOne cards. The Capital One cards and the bank will be the first. I just don't want one to cause a problem with the other. 

If you have just one HP right now, you have nothing to be worried about.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 1554 of 1,877
amieric
Established Member

In case my question got lost:

So I've had a lot of questions lately - long story short I included my Lexus in my BK but I am hoping that next year or maybe even this year I can lease another car with Lexus financial - are they forgiving if you burned them or should I just forget about it? Any tips and anything you can offer is appreciated
Message 1555 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most lenders aren't too forgiving when you've cause them a loss. Also, leasing is more difficult after BK than financing is.

@amieric wrote:

So I've had a lot of questions lately - long story short I included my Lexus in my BK but I am hoping that next year or maybe even this year I can lease another car with Lexus financial - are they forgiving if you burned them or should I just forget about it? Any tips and anything you can offer is appreciated

Message 1556 of 1,877
Scupra
Super Contributor

@amieric wrote:

Sorry, I have no info on Lexus financial. I know they are part of Toyota financial and I have seen people get back in there.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 1557 of 1,877
theproblem
Established Member

What to do when capital one, Barclays and NFCU were burned in a BK?
Message 1558 of 1,877
srloring13
Regular Contributor

@theproblem wrote:
What to do when capital one, Barclays and NFCU were burned in a BK?

Capital One will let you back in.  Most say you must wait about a year after the account was charged off  or IIB if the account was current prior to filing.  I included Capital One in my BK and I got a card with them 9 days after my discharge.  My accounts with them charged off about a year or two prior to my BK.

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 1559 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there some reason why this thread isn't stickied?

Message 1560 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.